NSL

Oh boy. Only a few days away. And "it's Freeway close".
I'll be there. If anyone wants some nichrome wire without havig to pay extra
for eBay fees and PayPal fees and shipping fees, let me know. I have 100 foot rolls or 30, 31 and 32 guage (80/20 - NO Iron = NO rust!) that will be cheap. I'll probably load a box of my small model rocket parts and maybe a few kits into the car. If anyone needs anything specific or in unusual quantities, let me know.
Also, if you want any Two Dollar Bills or Golden Dollar coins (or even some Apollo XI Dollar coins) just let me know - and hand me the equivalent value in $20s, $50s or $100s.
I actually built and painted a new rocket. It can fly as an LMR or an HPR since it only weighs 22 ounces without motor. Since it's complete I can spend Thursday dusting off some other models. Then again, they may just get covered in dust there....
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Fred Shecter wrote:

I'll be there too, on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you and other online folks! I'd stay for Sunday too but it's Mother's Day.
I'll have plenty of rocket aerial photos for sale.
In article snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 5/4/05 1:44 AM:

Craig and I will be there demonstrating some of the new motors and handing out catalogs.
Gary
On Wed, 04 May 2005 04:11:01 GMT, in rec.models.rockets "Fred Shecter"

Fred "Modrocs only" Shecter, talking about a rocket he built that would be capable of HPR flight? WOW!
Someone going to NSL *please* loan Fred a casing, so he can get his L1 and join the ranks of HPR flyers. I'll "sponsor" the flight, even. If someone gives Fred an H motor to fly, I'll pay them back, or replace the motor for them.
Too good an opportunity to miss!
- Rick "Can we convince Martin, too?" Dickinson
--
"I've always been taught that if you code an arbitrary limit, try to
make it a power of two, or at least avoid powers of ten, so people

Improbable.
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Rick Dickinson at snipped-for-privacy@notesguy.com wrote on 5/4/05 9:26 AM:

Fred, did you snag one of the H128Ws we're giving away at NSL? I'm sure someone will loan a case too.
Gary
I sent an e-mail as requested on the NSL homepage to request a free load (I like the way that sounds) (Mike Jerauld) and to let them know that I was going to make a level 1 attempt (Steve Mickelsen). I never got a response regarding the load, but I did get a response that acknowledged my intent to make an attempt.
One possibility is that Mike did respond and did not "de-munge" my e-mail address, so it never got to me. Steve had no problem.
I then sent e-mails to two motor vendors to ask if they would have any Ellis H50-6 motors available. They both responded "yes", so I figured I would just spend some Golden Dollars when I got there.
One way or another I will fly it.
Thanks!
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
Fred Shecter wrote:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZshreadvectorQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
We're going to be driving in Friday AM westbound through Yuma on I-8. I've only been through that California check point west of Yuma once recently and they were closed. What do they check for when they're open? Anything I need to worry about?
Jim wrote:

Generally, just fruits and vegetables.
Make sure You leave Your illegal aliens and terrorists at home. :)
Dave Grayvis wrote:

>>http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZshreadvectorQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
Thanks. I kind of remember that as a kid. But I wasn't sure these days.
And I'll be sure and have the green card handy.
Jim wrote:

Have to butt in here but everytime I hear of Yuma I can't help but think of It's a mad mad mad World.
NSL wouldn't be held at a park with a big dubyah....would it?
:)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

think
Nope, the Big Dubyah is in D.C. :)
On 5 May 2005 15:00:47 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

DC is to close for me. Can we compromise on Texas?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That would the little Dubyah. The big Dubyah left DC in '92 :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

They are also known as "the Bush" and "the little Shrub"!

They check your passport to make sure you have a visa stamp valid for visiting the Republik of Kalifornia. Then they check your vehicle's gas mileage and emissions. If those pass they search your entire vehicle for "substances known to cause cancer in the state of california". During that check, they also look for model rocket motors that don't have the stamp of approval from the Kalifornia State Fire Marshal. Finally, for RVs, they put california-approved water-flow restrictors on all of your faucets and showerheads.
Have a nice trip back home.
Glen Overby

We're not that far away from that now.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Are you being deported?

Oh, my, JI could be an illegal immigrant, and I might see him working at a fast food restaurant, or working on my yard!
We really need better border security!
Glen Overby wrote:

visiting
mileage and

"substances
check, they

approval from

Seriously, there is a Border Patrol checkpoint along I-8. If you're coming from the San Diego area, you'll be stopped on the way to the launch site and again on the way back. There's a checkpoint on I-15 north of Camp Pendleton too, and often the north-south roads through the desert have checkpoints. At any of these, you may just be waved through, or you may be asked your nationality, destination, etc. All of which would be appropriate IF you were actually crossing the freaking border. Once they even asked me if I "have a permit for those things", referring to my rockets.
Welcome to Amerika!
"Fourth Amendment? We don' need no steenking Fourth Amendment!"