Michael's coupon in Sunday paper

For those with a Michael's nearby (and if you're even luckier, they carry rocketry stuff), today's paper has a 50% off coupon good next Friday at Michael's.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Often some papers have a coupon and others do not. In "our" case, usually the Orange County register has a coupon and the Los Angeles Times does not.

I did not look at any papers today. Can you be specific about what paper you saw this in (and if it was an insert flyer or an ad printed directly inside the newspaper).

Reply to
Fred Shecter

An insert ad in the Orange County Register (you know, the whole pile of stuffed-in ads). There's a multi-page Michael's insert, which has a 50% off coupon for next Friday (morning, I think) and a 40% off coupon for most of the week.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

OK, that makes sense. After I hit "send" I called my mother in law who gets the commie-pinko Times. She reported no insert or ad. That does not mean there was none in the Times as she could have missed it or the lovely delivery man could have stolen them all (like he did most of 2004).

Anyway, in the So Cal area, we don;t get the same coupons as the rest of the USA. In regions where there are Hobby Lobby stores providing strong competition for Michael's, they issue the 50% coupons much more often. We get them for a few morning hours only on 3-day weekend holiday days. This would be Good Friday. Many of us will be at work...

Reply to
Fred Shecter

In the Cleveland Plain Dealer, there were two inserts, one had the 40% off one item for the entire week, the second had the 50% off one item Friday morning, and the third coupon was for 30% off your entire purchase from 6 to

9 PM next Saturday. That might be worth seeing what they're charging for something like a Big Daddy, or some Fat Boys....

Al

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

Too bad we can't get them to stock some real rockets, like LOC, or PML, or... [he says while slaming shut the facemask of his flame suite].

Reply to
Wayne Johnson

Hey, I'm not claiming they're a great rocket place. But when you're doing launches for kids, every bit helps, and this gets the Blast-Off packs for $25.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

You're asking too much. They would have to move some dried flowers around to make room ;)

I would be happier if there was more rotation in the kits they stock. Every time I go in, it's the same kits. Fat Boy's are about $16.50 w/o coupons. Next time I find a 50% off coupon, I am going to load up on a couple of kits just for the parts.

In So Cal we have lots of retail shops. I have even bought a couple of lunchable kits from (shudder) Wal Mart. Since the Estes stuff is made in China, it fits well with the rest of their stock.

Joe TRF: Saks Russel

Reply to
Joe Logic