More new stuff from Estes

Oh boy. We'll take those photos now....
http://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-coming-soon-future-items-from-estes-rockets.html

Fascinating.....
I'm glad they are at least thinking in the right direction but while the Saturn 1B sounds decent, the available date listed is the fall of 2006.
The X-15 is RTF and looks to be from left over stock of old Cox kit. We have one & it flies well, just make sure you are very careful when packing the chute. It does not like to deploy. Personally I'd like to see them do a slight upscale with a bt 60 or better and that uses a D-E engine.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Both Estes and Cox had ready-to-fail plastic X-15s. Both were excellent lawn darts. I remember one time in Ft Wayne someone pranged one into a parking lot, and it stuck in the asphalt. Worse, it came out undamaged.
We must have faith in our democratic system and our Constitution, and in our ability to protect at the same time both the freedom and the security of all Americans.
At least the old Estes one was a mini-motor rocket, thus limiting the altitude from which it could prang.
writes:

This should be in the FAQ.

In an unconventional flight I tried the following:
RTF x-15... (mini engine)
Estes "Beta" booster --Series III engines -- YOu know... The 18mm short
Tried it 3 times... Got successful second stage ignition twice. Third attempt resulted in a lawn dart... Bob was right... No damage.
Still have that critter around somewhere....
George

George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com

lawn
Don't doubt that at all. We flew ours a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 6-7 years and had a good deployment. (I packed the chute 3 times before I was satisfied, but still concerned) The first time we flew it was on a B6-4. The chute hung up and when it nosed in, it stuck about 4" in to the ground, at a strip mine! Nothing but rocks.
I never want to be hit by one.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Until Extes came out with the mini-x-wing, I'd dubbed the pair of X-15s "the most dangerous model rockets ever made"...
The mini-x-wing was so bad, NIRA changed its field rules. We don't normally do a formal safety check at our launches for "common" rockets. We require checks only for "complex" rockets, things we've seen people have more problems with. The current list includes experimental designs, over D motor, multiple motors (staged, clustered), reloads, active electronics (RC, altimeters), and READY TO FLY PLASTIC KITS.
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.

Why not isolate the actual offenders: X-wings and X-15's?
Why throw the RTF E2X out with the X-danger bathwater?
Jerry
"There's nothing to apologize for. Apparently you are STILL incapable of understanding the difference between making a statement of fact, and the listing of possible scenarios." - Ray Dunakin 5-10-05, ultimate TRA apologist
:)

Because too many of the molded plastic RTF rockets fail. Even the little mini mites (?) from a few years back failed more often tan worked. In fact, the ONLY molded plastic RTF rocket I can recall from Estes that works well is the Snitch.
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered -- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.
Those little plastic mini mites were trash. You'd get maybe one or two launches and then they would melt the motor mounts. What an intro into rocketry for some poor kid. The idiot at Estes who OK'd that line needs to be horse whipped and then fired.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece Talley wrote:

Reece, Reece, Reece,
This is just the kind of bone-headed nonsense that has really come to bother me on rmr.
I can't believe that somebody that, to this point, I've greatly respected, has come up with such an asinine comment.
Really, you need to go back an rethink this, please.
I mean, what are you thinking...
First you fire them, THEN you horse-whip them... How ELSE do you prevent a worker's compensation claim???
Geesh, do I have to do ALL the thinking around here??? <G>
David Erbas-White
Oh man, I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry. Where was my brain on that last one. You're right of course, fire then whip. That leaves just one remaining question; do you think that exec's mother had any children that lived?
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 21:42:49 -0700, David Erbas-White

Then, you'll only have the assault charge to worry about...<g>
Eldred
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:22:40 -0400, Eldred Pickett

I guess you have to kill them so they can't file charges? 8-)
Phil Stein wrote:

It's all in how you hide the bodies. :)
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Many years ago, I caught a couple of guys breaking into my car. To make a long story short, they tried to take my gun and nearly killed me -- and I then refrained from killing them when I could have.
Afterwards, the police made sure I knew that I should just make sure they were dead the next time they got there -- they said they were a "full-service police department"...
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

The paperwork is always much easier when there are no conflicting statements on the police report.
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:29:13 -0400, Phil Stein

So where do you dispose of the bodies...? <g>
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:45:27 -0400, Eldred Pickett

Where else? New Jersey.