More new stuff from Estes

So? The real one caried the equivalent of about 5000 NAR standard payloads.
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. -- Charles A. Beard

In fact, Estes does have a MAXI version of Space Ship One coming out later this year.
I believe it's only meant for flying with a D12-3, but that should be easily fixed.
http://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-coming-soon-future-items-from-estes-rockets.html
http://www.ehobbies.com/est2196.html
HEY! The date moved UP to July.
Cool**2
writes:

I want to see one that uses the feather / glide recovery. George Gassaway, where are you?
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. -- Charles A. Beard

It in no way falls on George to do it.
Plenty of folks have plans to go that route.
I want George to pilot a supersonic cruise rocket for me. That takes skill!
Jerry

Not just Mars Lander-ish. With the right parts you can build a more or less genuine Mars Lander with it. You've got the basic chassis with an alternative shock absorber attachment method (and you can build it the original way if you really want it). A BT-100 (from an old R2D2 kit) or a sliced down BT101, a BMS nose cone (maybe a different length BT60... haven't checked that), and some good scissor skills and you're in bidniz.
Since he's had full control, the product offering seems to be getting better, in fits and spurts. Yea, there are still abominations like that piece of crap snap-together Firestreak SST that they've been giving to Scouts (I'll save the horror stories about our helping out some Scout troops last weekend for another thread), and yea, they're a little behind the technology curve on the Oracle. But there's a reasonable selection of motors and a number of interesting kits lately (though I'd certainly rather see them cut a few more E2X kits in favor of a few more level 1 and 2 kits).
I think the garden path that Lucasfilm took him down six years ago may have shown him the light about the toy market and he's focusing back toward the hobby market. Now the Wal-Mart offerings are much more focused... Lauchables/Blurz and the big aisle displays of SnapShots and similar BT-56 RTFs. I haven't seen much lately from the Cox side of the business.
writes:

Just set up a camera and film it. ; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

You got it! Art - what do you think...next MIS launch? <g>
Eldred
wear a hardhat
--
Tater(owns 6)
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

hehehe - too funny
Ever see the pics of my Cartmans Revenge Saucer? I posted to alt.binaries.southpark a while ago. I capped pics from the original ep; aliens, satellite dish out back, flames... and printed them for an Art Applewhite Saucer. Went up on H153s iirc. I think it turned out very cool, and most people thought so too.
No verts can be lofted, last I looked.
Besides, Lemmiwinks would want a few test flights. That first mission stank! Was he a Prince or King? It's been too long. Gonna have to review the ep...
Patrick - beware the probe
--
Patrick Harvey
NAR 81752 L2