Willing to run a sim on a Public Enemy - 3" Honest John?

Would anyone be willing to run a sim on a Public Enemy - 3" Honest John, Flying on a Cesaroni pro-38 - 265H110-13A. The finished rocket weighs without motor is about 3.18lbs (1444g) or 3.84lbs (1741g) loaded. I'm guessing about 1/1.5 sec delays would be best. Since the engine is a little small for this rocket I want the delay a little closer then my guess :)

Thanks a bunch,

-Cat

Reply to
cat

Just a note - unless you happen to have one in your storage box, the H110 is no longer produced. It has been replaced by the 258H153 with the 'US' 62.5g propellant grains.

Reply to
Niall Oswald

"Niall Oswald" wrote

You are so right, It is infact a "258H153"

Reply to
cat

Making a few assumptions about the size of the nose cone, fins etc to create a 'representative' model I get around 2000ft with a delay time of 9.5 seconds.

Email me for more details if you want.

Reply to
Niall Oswald

I own one and modified my file. It came in at Min Velocity for stable flight( @ 30mph) 43.188", 2033.617' max altitude. Best delay time of 9.319 sec.

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

"D&JWatkins"

Wow, thanks a bunch Dennis. Well that just proved I need to put up the cash and buy rocket sim . my estimates where based on a similar rocket about the same size and weight and I came up with 1200' 1.5sec delay (not even close..) - Thanks again so much for the help (the shock cord thanks you too).

By the way, how do you like the honest-John? This is my second public enemy kit and I've been very impressed with the ease of putting it together. Just hope it fly's as good as the bullpup.

-cat

Reply to
cat

"Niall Oswald" wrote

Based on the sim results posted by Dennis looks like your assumptions are right on. Man, I can believe how far off I was. I'd gotten a bit of a comfort zone from guestimating smaller birds. Time to pick up rocket sim..

-Cat

Reply to
cat