60 mins Hand wringing yet again

Alan Jones wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Besides being materially wasteful,it's politically disastrous. The wrong thing to do when "resetting" the gov't.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You can do better in a target rich environment.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

But NOWHERE does the gov. have the right to take private property for the benefit of another private party.

The towns that each of the 5 justices that made this ruling live in should take their houses, and then sell them to be redeveloped into shopping centers. Throw all five out on the street, impeach them, then throw them in jail.

Then do the same with everyone who voted for the unconstitutional 'Patriot' act.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

bob: we already have "personal ICBM's"..... they are known as LDRS..heheheheheh

...and by GOD, if my governemnt can have their ICBM's, then the 2nd Amendment allows me to have my own personal ICBM's..!!!

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Dave,

I'm something of a newbie to rec.models.rockets, but it is obvious that Jerry Irvine seems to have quite a few detractors. What is the felony conviction that so many mention, and is this the reason for his unpopularity?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gray

Just part of the story. I personally have a civil fraud judgment against him for over $8,000 plus interest, part of a larger judgment totaling over $60,000. jerry was also fined $40,000 by the DOT, for shipping 200 pounds of rocket motors, in a box labeled "model airplane parts. Did I mention the fact that jerry did/does not possess the proper permits and licenses to manufacture and ship propellant or motors legally? his felony crime? "Possession of a destructive device in a public place". Usually, the term "destructive device" is reserved for such item like, but not limited to, pipe bombs, fire bombs, hand grenades, "M80" like devices and some "illegal fireworks. jerry says it wasn't rocket motors, but refuses to say what it in fact it was.

Back in the early '90s jerry was thrown out of the Tripoli Rocket Association, for hosting dozens and dozens of launches, involving thousands of flyers who believed jerry's claims of FAA waivers. Guess what? jerry had lied about obtaining the required waivers.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll let some one else take over for now.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

In the case of lawsuits they tend to break down any judgement by "category".

It seems you are misrepresenting the magnitude of even alleged fraud.

BS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine