Open Hang Wringing - wf 36

Hey Guys, many newbies are coming to rec.models.rockets cause they searched on google for rockets.

Now dont get me wrong, I am all about safety rules.

However, now in every kewl looking thread, we got lots of Hand Wringing all mixed in about this or that pet pev.

How about a thread dedicated to Hand Wringing, so newbies know right where to go to get all the inside stomach churning.

It might make a record.

Some Topics are:

10) those darn large rockets with strong guys behind them scare the ba-geeza out of me.

9) those small rockets with the little kids behind them scare the ba-geeza out of me.

8) I don't like this person or that organization

7) someone is smoking, call the health department.

6) mixing propellant is a bad thing to do, even if it's called amateur rocketry

5) I saw a small rocket go into a cloud, and I saw a fast rocket go into a cloud

4) this item intentionally left empty

3) I want the gov'ner'ment to protect me from this

2) I want the gov'ner'ment to stay away from me

1) I JUST LOVE ROCKETRY

Reply to
AlMax714

ROFL!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Excellent idea.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

How about a quick update on the following:

the Jerry Irvine/USR vs. NAR, TRA and the rest of the known universe saga.

how great glue threads are.

describing how to separate the wheat from the chaff (the actually helpful info from the actually irritating political commentary).

why I'm always right and all of you are always wrong.

----just a lurker

Reply to
NaCl

If NAR and TRA are your known universe that is truly sad. NAR is 1800 HPR folks worldwide and TRA is fewer than that with some crossover perhaps 30% or so, so at most 3000 worldwide.

That is who has banned me.

But it is also who is illegally requiring ATF permits for EXEMPT materials which is against my religion.

Ignore posters with unreal names. Especially when what they post is mostly inflammatory and accusatory and many people post opposing fact under real names. Like you for example, like BB for example, like pink and yellow for example.

I see dead people and despite being dead they did some evil things before they left.

And yes they were "pleasant to their friends". Just like Bruce Kelly.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But Jerry, if my true identity were revealed, it would ruin my nefarious plans to destroy rmr and all of hobby rocketry.

MUHAHAHAHA

Reply to
NaCl

Join the crowd :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And once again, Jerry gets it wrong. It is the _ATF_ that is illegally requiring permits for exempt materials. Until that changes, the rest of us are stuck with.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sorry. Not true. Yes they are trying to "pressure" people to do that. I even know of one supplier that asks for LEUP to buy OXIDIZER (that is so far from the law it is laughable).

All one has to do is follow the law. They can "ask" all they want and they will probably even coerce a bit, but if you CITE THE LAW at each and every contact point you will enjoy what I enjoy and what 90% of the propellant industry enjoys. No logging of propellants ever.

Have balls.

No agent has ever escalated their illegal act to a "police order" (ie non-optional). But if one does, that is something a judge will need to hear about right away as well as a local FBI agent. THEY can arrest ATF agents.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:14:16 GMT, "NaCl" is alleged to have written:

Anything said by someone with a name like "NaCl" should probably be taken with a grain of salt....

- Rick "Fe2O3 + 2Al --> Al2O3 + 2Fe" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Cl2 + 2Na --> 2NaCl

Reply to
NaCl

Thermite be something to what you say? ;-)

Mark Simpson NAR 71503 Level II God Bless our peacekepers

Reply to
Mark Simpson

LOL!!

Reply to