Resurrected Bench Warmer

This turd was ready for the scrap pile, just taking up space on the rocket bench, but managed to avoid the grim rocket reaper.

I kinda like it now. I'm gonna try to put a water based clear coat on it. (I've got my fingers crossed.) Silver is such a PITA.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

bench, but managed to avoid the grim rocket reaper.

(I've got my fingers crossed.) Silver is such a PITA.

Wow Doug!

From turd to bonefide work of art! You truely are a magician!

Still have that damn conehat. Tripped over it the other day while rummaging for something in my office. Apollo Pad Abort Test one of these days..

Got an Astrobee D on the bench right now, and hope to have it done before the (major) snow falls (already got some snow... last night).

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Tod,

It's good to hear you're still building and flying. And it's good to see you hanging here again. Gene, too. And Tai's back as well. If only Dancing Baby would show up, we could all hold hands and dance and sing :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

hanging here again. Gene, too. And Tai's back as well. If only Dancing Baby would show up, we could all hold hands and dance and sing :)

Agreed! It's good to see some of the entertaining folks return, and by god, one of these days, it's a moral imperative I meet Gene. I may regret that day for the rest of my life, but it MUST be done!

I've been receiving some jokes from Neil of late, so he's still around, as well.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

hanging here again. Gene, too. And Tai's back as well. If only Dancing Baby would show up, we could all hold hands and dance and sing :)

Yeah, it's been a weird 12 months or so...

But, we all end up "home" at some point, right?

MTMA launch Saturday!

If I don't show up, they'll have my jewels in a vice... so I'll definitely be in attendance.

Plus, my younger son has taken up model rocketry like no ones business. He's building and finishing faster than I can teach him the tips -- and he's pretty darn good!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Nice rocket, Doug. One of the Quark guys I fly with occasionally builds a lot of Pringles rockets, but I like the looks of this one. When I first saw the thread heading I thought someone was going to be quoting from my autobiography.

Reply to
Bill Eichelberger

hanging here again. Gene, too. And Tai's back as well. If only Dancing Baby would show up, we could all hold hands and dance and sing :)

Gene still needs a haircut and some esl classes. 8-)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein