60 mins Hand wringing yet again

For the 5th time in a year, in less then 60 mins from now,
60 mins will hand wring over that fact you can buy a 50 cal rifle in every
state but Kali.
My guess is they will keep re runing this spot until they get their way someday.
7 eastern, your time may vary.

I stopped watching any CBS network news program after the Dan Rather affair. IMO,they have NO credibility anymore.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I could not agree more.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
AlMax wrote:

The thing that kills me is that Ed Bradley doing the story and putting on his best 'I'm disgusted because it's so easy to get guns' face. But in the biography of Hunter S Thompson, Hunter, there are clear photos of Ed shooting barrels full of dynamite on HST's farm!
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

About the same as Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan Sr.(now deceased) writing all sorts of anti-gun articles,while possessing an illegal,unregistered handgun (in DC) and shooting a backyard skinnydipper with it,claiming self-defense. Never prosecuted for it,either.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Save the elephants! $10K and no elephant? Where is the investigative reporting!
nedtovak wrote:

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Old Ed is just illustrating the epitome of the modern Liberal: He wants as many "freedoms" as possible for himself; but wants to regulate away all of *our* freedoms.
--

Greg Heilers

Has there ever in all human history been an instance where someone said "Please pass a law to stop ME from doing this..." ?

Time for counter-programming?
It is sorely lacking on network television. Even 30 minutes a week would be great.

So? I don't see a problem with that. IMHO, they *should* be hand-wringing over the fact that 50-caliber rifles are unavailable in California.
What? They want to make the rest of the country emulate California's stupid law, and aren't fighting against CA's stupid law?
<Emily_Latella>Oh. Never Mind.</Emily_Latella>
- Rick "Furrfu" Dickinson
--
Every parliament or congress worldwide should be equipped with a
hundred-pound chunk of sodium in the entrance foyer, such that any

I'm all for one's right to bear arms, and to use them

I would like to see the proposed "safety code" for that activity.
My name is Jerry Irvine.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

I'm sorry jerry, felons such as yourself, cannot legally posses firearms.

Dave Grayvis wrote:

Dave,
I'm something of a newbie to rec.models.rockets, but it is obvious that Jerry Irvine seems to have quite a few detractors. What is the felony conviction that so many mention, and is this the reason for his unpopularity?
Bill
Bill Gray wrote:

Just part of the story. I personally have a civil fraud judgment against him for over $8,000 plus interest, part of a larger judgment totaling over $60,000. jerry was also fined $40,000 by the DOT, for shipping 200 pounds of rocket motors, in a box labeled "model airplane parts. Did I mention the fact that jerry did/does not possess the proper permits and licenses to manufacture and ship propellant or motors legally? his felony crime? "Possession of a destructive device in a public place". Usually, the term "destructive device" is reserved for such item like, but not limited to, pipe bombs, fire bombs, hand grenades, "M80" like devices and some "illegal fireworks. jerry says it wasn't rocket motors, but refuses to say what it in fact it was.
Back in the early '90s jerry was thrown out of the Tripoli Rocket Association, for hosting dozens and dozens of launches, involving thousands of flyers who believed jerry's claims of FAA waivers. Guess what? jerry had lied about obtaining the required waivers.
I could go on and on, but I think I'll let some one else take over for now.

In the case of lawsuits they tend to break down any judgement by "category".
It seems you are misrepresenting the magnitude of even alleged fraud.

BS.

As Robert Heinlein said, "An armed society is a polite society."
Jeez!
Is every rocket flier on this site a right-wing gun nut? High-powered military assault weapons should only be available to soldiers at war. Maybe you guys are planning on terrorism as your next hobby? Stick to paintball guns and Doom 3 before you hurt somebody.
David M.
No, there are a few left wing gun nuts here too and even a few moderate gun nuts. Bp is BP. Inhale deeply and come to the darkside.
Seriously, some people collect guns same as any other collectable. Having any type of weapon does, automatic or not, does not make you a gun nut.
We were all nuts before we all this came up. ; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Guns, as a general rule, either have wheels or are mounted on ships. Perhaps you meant "right-wing firearm nut" (unless you were refering to artillery/battleship enthusiasts)?
--
Tweak