60 mins Hand wringing yet again

For the 5th time in a year, in less then 60 mins from now,

60 mins will hand wring over that fact you can buy a 50 cal rifle in every state but Kali.

My guess is they will keep re runing this spot until they get their way someday.

7 eastern, your time may vary.
Reply to
AlMax

"AlMax" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com:

I stopped watching any CBS network news program after the Dan Rather affair. IMO,they have NO credibility anymore.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The thing that kills me is that Ed Bradley doing the story and putting on his best 'I'm disgusted because it's so easy to get guns' face. But in the biography of Hunter S Thompson, Hunter, there are clear photos of Ed shooting barrels full of dynamite on HST's farm!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

I could not agree more.

Randy

<randyolb

So? I don't see a problem with that. IMHO, they *should* be hand-wringing over the fact that 50-caliber rifles are unavailable in California.

What? They want to make the rest of the country emulate California's stupid law, and aren't fighting against CA's stupid law?

Oh. Never Mind.

- Rick "Furrfu" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

nedtovak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

About the same as Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan Sr.(now deceased) writing all sorts of anti-gun articles,while possessing an illegal,unregistered handgun (in DC) and shooting a backyard skinnydipper with it,claiming self-defense. Never prosecuted for it,either.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Old Ed is just illustrating the epitome of the modern Liberal: He wants as many "freedoms" as possible for himself; but wants to regulate away all of *our* freedoms.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Save the elephants! $10K and no elephant? Where is the investigative reporting!

Reply to
Alan Jones

Has there ever in all human history been an instance where someone said "Please pass a law to stop ME from doing this..." ?

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Time for counter-programming?

It is sorely lacking on network television. Even 30 minutes a week would be great.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

At the risk of sounding like a (gasp) "conservative", 'if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns'...working in law enforcement has really changed my personal tune on this matter...after seeing just how many scumbags there are out there, and watching the rapid progression from "crackhead" to "capital felon", and perusing several probable cause affidavits, I'm all for one's right to bear arms, and to use them as discretion warrants...just need to exercise caution as to whose arms are doing the bearing (grin).

Reply to
bob352

I'm all for one's right to bear arms, and to use them

I would like to see the proposed "safety code" for that activity.

My name is Jerry Irvine.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm sorry jerry, felons such as yourself, cannot legally posses firearms.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

As Robert Heinlein said, "An armed society is a polite society."

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Jeez!

Is every rocket flier on this site a right-wing gun nut? High-powered military assault weapons should only be available to soldiers at war. Maybe you guys are planning on terrorism as your next hobby? Stick to paintball guns and Doom 3 before you hurt somebody.

David M.

Reply to
DMarsArch

No, there are a few left wing gun nuts here too and even a few moderate gun nuts. Bp is BP. Inhale deeply and come to the darkside.

Seriously, some people collect guns same as any other collectable. Having any type of weapon does, automatic or not, does not make you a gun nut.

We were all nuts before we all this came up. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Guns, as a general rule, either have wheels or are mounted on ships. Perhaps you meant "right-wing firearm nut" (unless you were refering to artillery/battleship enthusiasts)?

Reply to
Tweak

"Right wing", "gun", and "nut" don't necessarily belong together. If you're interested in thoughts instead of labels, here's a couple -

Guns are not necessary for violence. Enemies foreign and domestic have done very well with box cutters, home made explosives, etc. It's the INTENT, rather than the tool, that's important.

I really, truly believe the general population should have the means and the will to overpower the "government" if it becomes necessary. We've done it sucessfully (18th century), failed at it (19th century) and there are some that believe it may be necessary again. This is the ONLY way that we preserve real freedom.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Funny...a few years ago, two politicians from both sides of the issue were debating "gun control". The "informed smart guy" made the same point you just made. The "liberal hand-wringer" tried to correct him, by pointing out that back in the late 18th century....we did *not* try to overpower

*our* government...but that we were attempting to throw out the British!

(Sad, how people like this get appointed to positions of power and authority; sad that they end up educating our kids; etc...)

The biggest reason for The Second Amendment, was that it demonstrated that the government trusts its citizenry enough, to even let them be self-armed.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Does anybody else see the irony in the above statement???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White