air pressure china spaceship ?

what is the pressure in the china spaceship ?

in launch, in space flight or back to earth again.

Reply to
Mylinux

I assume you are asking whether or not the China capsule is at standard atmospheric pressure or whether or not they use positive pressure as we once did in our mercury and Gemini missions, correct?

Reply to
Reece Talley

They're talking about doing spacewalks eventually. Given the difficulty of moving in a spacesuit in a vacuum, they have to be keeping the pressure low in the spacesuit. This would tend to indicate that they'll use a low pressure when in orbit. Remember the trouble White had getting back into the spacecraft? I think they had similar problems with the first Soviet spacewalk.

One would hope they learned from Apollo 1 and use a combination of N2/O2 on the ground.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Soyuz and the shuttle, along with the space station, all use a sea-level pressure and mix atmosphere. The use of low-pressure, all O2 atmosphere was scrapped after Apollo.

Since the Shenzhou is based on Soyuz, and it's believed that China is gunning for eventual inclusion in the ISS program, it's a safe bet that they're using a compatible atmosphere.

Reply to
BB

you have answer my question.

all American rocket are copycat of german rocket.

Reply to
Mylinux

Not really, the Mercury Redstone was the only manned U.S. rocket that could really trace its lineage back to the V-2. And the Germans never produced spacecraft of any sort. The Saturn boosters, whose design teams were managed by Von Braun, undoubtedly were products of his talent and genius, with many German technicians helping in their designs. They were brand- new products, developed & manufactured in the USA, however.

I think Russia should be extremely proud of itself, having put the first Chinese astronaut into space. China, too, should be proud that its technicians were able to read the Soyuz blueprints and produce such a wonderful, even improved, version.

Reply to
BB

From what I have read, not much more of the Soyuz was used than the pressure vessel itself; the Chinese pretty much stripped it out and rebuilt everything to their own specs. There was probably a lot more Chinese content to the capsule than Russian by the time they got through with it.

They also used their own launch vehicle. (We're using Russian hardware to access the ISS right now.)

But they *did* copy the Russian suit right down to the stitch patterns.

Big deal; it's still one heck of an accomplishment. Welcome to the space club.

Reply to
Anonymous

I know... I was just yanking Mylinux's chain a little. ;O)

BTW, did you know that the original Soyuz design is actually eerily similar to a G.E. spacecraft proposal designed in the late 50's?

Yup!

Reply to
BB

They probably needed to change everything to their oddball bolt thread patterns that never quite fit anything over here. :)

tim

Reply to
Tim

I personally think the People of the good old U.S.A. should be proud of the fact that our purchases of products manufactured in China by our own companies probably paid for most of it. The cheap Chinese labor coupled with our intense need for "cheap" stuff plus US industries trying to improve the bottom line for their investors has resulted in a huge influx of cash.

Bill Richardson ENC USNR Ret. TRA 8703 L2

Reply to
BRich

Yes, The US/China imbalance of trade helped finance the Chinese Manned space program. It is fair to say that purchasing Estes kits helps put Chinese in space. ;)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Even Robert Goddard's?