Another L1 cert

Ok, everyone else is posting theirs. April 17, 2005, a BSD 38 special on a Cesaroni H143SS, set to 8 second delay. Very nice if not terrebly high flight. Pictures should be in the launch newsletter, whenever that comes out. Meanwhile, here are some from a later launch:

Setting on the launch pad

Taking off on another H124:

Jim

Reply to
Jim

mmm nekid rockets. 8-)

Nice flight.

Reply to
Phil Stein

What do you consider "not terribly high"? I launched a 38 Special on a G69, and I thought it got up there pretty well. Haven't tried it on an H yet - people said it would go too high for the field...

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

BTW, congrats! :-)

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

special

terrebly

Congrats on your cert!

8
Reply to
raydunakin

I've seen one on a J285 - shame the main came out at about 2400ft and it drifted some way. I think it got to about 3000ft, which is probably near what a stock one would do on an H.

I the same rocket has also flown on a K445 to 7407ft - needless to say its somewhat modified! (and no, it wasn't a 54 special)

Reply to
Niall Oswald

"What do you consider "not terribly high"? I launched a 38 Special on a G69, and I thought it got up there pretty well. Haven't tried it on an H yet - people said it would go too high for the field... "

Congratrs to you too, Eldred. Other people have reported 1500-1600 ft on an H. Did you do the double wall construction? If not the rocket would weigh somewhat less, and fly higher. From your pictures the field looks more than big enough.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I bought the 38 Special pre-built from someone, so I couldn't really comment much on construction. It certainly LOOKS standard enough. I flew it for the first time Saturday, at the same field as my 2nd Minnie Magg flight:

38 Special launch shot:
haven't gotten good ad estimating altitude yet, so I couldn't tell you how high that launch went.

In retrospect, the field probably would have been large enough, but it would have been a HELL of a walk for recovery... They were definitely drifting a long way that day.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

The newsletter is out now, so you can see the 38 special before its cert flight.

Jim