What do you do with them?

Hi folks.
The largest rockets I've built & flown have been a few Aerotech, NCR kits, (An un-flown 6.0 PML Ult Endeavour) and a couple
of my own 3-4inch scratch on (3 & 4x29mm) G clusters. All were given away a few yrs ago.
As I crank things up again and start venturing into HPR (The real deal) I was wondering.......
What do you guys do with your larger rockets? Where do you keep them all? A bloody warehouse!!! I'm sure they would take up more than a single room in your house? I mean the HPR monsters? Some of you must have built 100's of them...... millions maybe......:-)
Cheers, Clint
two and three car garages are the norm here... ;-)

Basement, garage, deck, livingroom.

The real deal: KSC, Baikonur, ESA, Virgin, etc. anything less is a hobby.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Heh heh heh..... I'll let you know when I'm firing off that S motor project... ;-)

For a while I was storing big ones assembled in the living room. I have a 14' ceiling in there. Right now they are disassembled in the garage. I keep small ones in the basement.
On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:29:30 +1000, "CJC"

I usually end up keeping mine on top of the clouds. Less storage hassles that way.
mike

CJC wrote:

Fly them as often as possible?

The garage works well -- I suspended nylon webbing between bicycle hooks on the garage ceiling, and store large rockets that way.

Oh, I wish I had a room for rockets!
-Kevin
On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:29:30 +1000, "CJC"

Although my biggest to date is a 4-inch diameter, 9-foot tall critter... all of mine are stored in my apartment. I don't have the luxury of a basement, garage, or attic, so I have to make do with what I have.
In a way, they're as much furniture as flying machine - I have one that sits on top of my stereo speakers, another that accentuates a bookshelf... you get the idea. :-)
Once my latest projects are completed... a 5.5-inch two-stager and my 7.5-inch Level 3 cert rocket... I'm going to have to do some shuffling to get enough free space for them. After all - I have less than a thousand square feet of usable space... and a lot of that is taken up by chairs, tables, TV stand...
CJC wrote:

deal) I

maybe......:-)
In my case, I just fly 'em until they either get lost, destroyed or worn out. Although I've built a lot of rockets over the years, I don't have a ton of them at any one time. I keep some in my garage/workshop, and some in my upstairs office. My organizational system, both for rockets and everything else, is best described as "packrat/clutter". :)
Currently I have two rockets standing in a corner of the stairwell, 2.6" diameter and 4" diameter. There's another 2.6" rocket leaning against the wall, and a couple of 1.8" rockets lying across the top of the grandkids' playpen.
In the garage I have a box which is used to store and transport several more 1.8" rockets, boosters, and misc parts such as interstage couplers. Then there's various other rockets and boosters lying around at random. Plus some debris from crashed rockets which I'll pick over for salvageable parts before discarding.

Child abuse! :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Sounds more like rocket abuse! <G>
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

Naw.... Ray believes in starting them youngsters off the right way, the rocket way :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Well Jer,
I don't think he would have them loaded for flight. ;)
Kurt Savegnago
ha ha ha.... Who?........The Kids or the Rockets.....:-)

Give the kid a SU 24mm F100 to gnaw on for a couple of years to "cut their teeth on" and then have them fly a K on their 3rd birthday :)
Jerry

Somewhere I have a photo of Rachel inside a piece of LOC 7.5" tube. She was probably 6-8 months at the time.
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.

Child abuse! :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

http://rspa-atty.dot.gov/appeals/Irvine-app.pdf .
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Heheh! Actually the real danger is rocket abuse. The playpen is unoccupied except when we have one of the younger kids over, and then I have to put my rockets safely out of reach.
(

A civil remark and response (albeit a simple one) between Jerry Irvine and Ray Dunakin!
Dogs and cats living together...total anarchy!
A sure sign of the impending apocalypse.