Level 1 Cert

Well, I've seen a couple of people post about their cert flights, so I'll do the same. April 9, 2005 at Gumbert's field(north of Jackson, Michigan)
I flew with the Jackson Model Rocket Club(JMRC). Several club members were very helpful with suggestions,tips and techniques, etc. Rocket flown: LOC Minnie Magg Motor: CTI H153
Perfect flight, perfect recovery, lot of fun! I also flew the same rocket this past Saturday with the Toledo Area Rocketry Society(TARS), and it had another great flight. This rocket stuff is pretty cool... :-)
Eldred
On Tue, 10 May 2005 12:27:53 -0400, Eldred Pickett

Congratualtions!!! HAve any pictures?
Phil, Going next week to Md. If the weather holds I think I may make the trip down. My son just finished his PML Amaaram. I have the 3inch so I guess the 4 is just waiting to join the inventory.
Dennis

Those are nice. I have a 3: and a 4" and like them both. My son has a 2.1 & 3" and they're nice too. I hope I can make it down this weekend but at this point, I'm not sure.
Phil

On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:19:54 -0400, Phil Stein

Yep! http://www.umich.edu/~epickett/jmrc_launch4-9-05/pages/100_2039.html (note: I never said it was pretty...<g>)
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett/jmrc_launch4-9-05/pages/100_2040.html (never said *I* was pretty either...)
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett/jmrc_launch4-9-05/pages/100_2049.html Cert launch shot.
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett/tars5-7-05/pages/100_2261.html Launch last weekend
Eldred - now I gotta find some more MONEY... :-)
Eldred Pickett wrote:

Yeah but it *is* painted :)

You only have to impress the wife/gf :)

Great liftoff shot!

Another gls.

Second job, donate blood, donate plasma....I've done them all :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:17:18 -0500, nedtovak

I did the 'donate plasma' thing when I was in college. I just got tired of feeling like a pincushion...<g>
Eldred
Eldred Pickett wrote:

Know what you mean....having all that brew leaking out :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:12:51 -0500, nedtovak

Actually, I wasn't a drinker - and I went to MSU...<g>
Eldred
Yep, $6 for 100cc way back when. Enough for a couple of pizzas.
Congrats on the L1 Eldred it was a great flight.
Tony Haga
Eldred Pickett wrote:

Yep, $6 for 100cc way back when. Enough for a couple of pizzas.
Congrats on the L1 Eldred it was a great flight.
Tony Haga
Eldred Pickett wrote:

On 13 May 2005 07:01:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@wowway.com wrote:

Thanks, Tony! That Minie Magg *is* a cool bird...
Eldred
On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:10:52 -0400, Eldred Pickett

Nice! The color scheme makes it easier to find when it lands.
Eldred Pickett wrote:

Not pretty perhaps...but gentlemanly, intelligent, and distinguished looking...and with the glasses...very much like the also distinguished and gentlemanly "Mr. Baxter" on "Captain Kangaroo" (to reference our extensive "Captain" thread last week...lol).
:o)
--

Greg Heilers
On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:22:16 GMT, Greg Heilers

Wasn't Mr. Baxter a squirrel? I missed the discussion last week, so I'm just going from memory... I also debated whether I should include that picture, but what the hell - it's on my website, so why not? :)
Eldred
Eldred, congrats on your cert! BTW, that looks like a pretty nice place to fly. I wish I had the freedom to travel around the country, it would be cool to get aerial photos from every HPR site. i
On 14 May 2005 22:12:05 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I've seen your desert aerial pics before, and I envy you for your equipment.<g> You're right, it *would* be cool to have shots from all the HPR sites. Might make a cool...um, database? I'm surprised NAR or Tripoli hasn't tried to do something like that...
Eldred