Level 1 Cert

Well, I've seen a couple of people post about their cert flights, so
I'll do the same.
April 9, 2005 at Gumbert's field(north of Jackson, Michigan)
I flew with the Jackson Model Rocket Club(JMRC). Several club members
were very helpful with suggestions,tips and techniques, etc.
Rocket flown: LOC Minnie Magg
Motor: CTI H153
Perfect flight, perfect recovery, lot of fun! I also flew the same
rocket this past Saturday with the Toledo Area Rocketry Society(TARS),
and it had another great flight.
This rocket stuff is pretty cool... :-)
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
Congratualtions!!! HAve any pictures?
Reply to
Phil Stein
Phil, Going next week to Md. If the weather holds I think I may make the trip down. My son just finished his PML Amaaram. I have the 3inch so I guess the 4 is just waiting to join the inventory.
Dennis
Reply to
lovs2fly
Those are nice. I have a 3: and a 4" and like them both. My son has a 2.1 & 3" and they're nice too. I hope I can make it down this weekend but at this point, I'm not sure.
Phil
3>Phil,
Reply to
Phil Stein
Yep!
(note: I never said it was pretty...)
(never said *I* was pretty either...)
launch shot.
last weekend
Eldred - now I gotta find some more MONEY... :-)
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
Yeah but it *is* painted :)
You only have to impress the wife/gf :)
Great liftoff shot!
Another gls.
Second job, donate blood, donate plasma....I've done them all :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Reply to
nedtovak
Nice! The color scheme makes it easier to find when it lands.
Reply to
Phil Stein
Not pretty perhaps...but gentlemanly, intelligent, and distinguished looking...and with the glasses...very much like the also distinguished and gentlemanly "Mr. Baxter" on "Captain Kangaroo" (to reference our extensive "Captain" thread last week...lol).
:o)
Reply to
Greg Heilers
Wasn't Mr. Baxter a squirrel? I missed the discussion last week, so I'm just going from memory... I also debated whether I should include that picture, but what the hell - it's on my website, so why not? :)
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
I did the 'donate plasma' thing when I was in college. I just got tired of feeling like a pincushion...
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
Know what you mean....having all that brew leaking out :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Reply to
nedtovak
Actually, I wasn't a drinker - and I went to MSU...
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
Yep, $6 for 100cc way back when. Enough for a couple of pizzas.
Congrats on the L1 Eldred it was a great flight.
Tony Haga
Eldred Pickett wrote:
Reply to
tonywh
Yep, $6 for 100cc way back when. Enough for a couple of pizzas.
Congrats on the L1 Eldred it was a great flight.
Tony Haga
Eldred Pickett wrote:
Reply to
tonywh
Thanks, Tony! That Minie Magg *is* a cool bird...
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett
Eldred, congrats on your cert! BTW, that looks like a pretty nice place to fly. I wish I had the freedom to travel around the country, it would be cool to get aerial photos from every HPR site. i
Reply to
raydunakin
I've seen your desert aerial pics before, and I envy you for your equipment. You're right, it *would* be cool to have shots from all the HPR sites. Might make a cool...um, database? I'm surprised NAR or Tripoli hasn't tried to do something like that...
Eldred
Reply to
Eldred Pickett