NE Georgia clubs/perfectures/or members

I'm planning to relocate to NE GA within probably the next year or so. In the near future I'll be making a trip to scout out the area(Dalton,
Lafayette, Calhoun) and I was hoping to maybe catch a launch, and meet with some people while there. Could any one from that area give me some info on local groups or activities? TIA, Bob Kreese
Dalton, etc, would be NW Georgia.
There is a club that has just started in the last few months that flies at Ringgold, GA, near Chattanooga. I don't have their contact info here with me but you can find it on our club's site, http://www.soar571.com . Go to the Links page and you'll see them listed. By the way, we're the Atlanta NAR club, with model rocket launches near Roswell, and high power launches shared with the GAMMA section down in Lilly, GA. Tripoli Atlanta is starting to get active again and also flies at Lilly.
NW GA is also close enough to the activities of the Huntsville and Nashville clubs that fly at Manchester, TN, just off of I-24.
Roy nar12605

Thanks, Roy---NE??? must of been a brain fart of high magnitude...sorry. I do appreciate the info.Right now, as it stands here in FL, I'd have to travel about 2-2 1/2 hours in any given direction for any action on the club level.
bob352 wrote:

Attended the Ringgold launch yesterday. About 15 minutes from Lafayette area. It's a nice little sod farm (about 1 x 2 miles). Waiver much higher than anyone should fly. The group is still very small and the launches nice and laid back. Great if you are a flyer, poor if you just want to watch. SERA is not affiliated with NAR or TRA. They have their own insurance so you can fly vintage motors and EX. They do base their operations on the National Orgs' safety codes.
Flew two L1 cert flights. 3" inch Amraams on H123W and H148R Aerotech motors. Both very nice. Biggest motor flown was an AMW Green Gorilla K in a modified LOC Bruiser EXP. Nice booming flight to about 1500 ft. Dual deployment brough it down to earth within easy walking distance.
And it was a combined birthday launch so we cooked hot dogs and had a birthday cake.
About an hour further is the Manchester, TN launch site. Very nice sod farm with launches hosted by MC2 and HARa. Another great bunch of guys.
You'll love flying in GA. No alligators, few snakes, same great humidity, grass is soft and dirt is hard.
- Dale Windsor
Thanks a lot, Dale. I appreciate the info. As it stands, down in my area, I'm only doing private flights with my family at the local high school.(talk about laid back!) Not that I'm complaining, it'll just be nice to expand my horizons a little. {:>)