APOLLO MODELS

Does anyone have recommendations regarding reliable online or store sources where Apollo models (Command and Lunar modules) may be purchased? I'm interested in upscale metal as opposed to cheaper, plastic types which must be glued. Thanks for any information.

Reply to
Writer1194

The only two 'good' models (not great, but 'good') for pre-assembled models are the Danbury Mint one (I don't think they have an online source, but you can look here:)

or the IPI toys one (which was just recently released with a correctly-colored CM). It can be found at many toy stores, for example:

Note that the above site is showing the 'older' gold-colored CM. Although this is a 'toy', it is really great for allowing hands-on teaching about the CSM/LM of Apollo.

If you DO want to build your own, RealSpace models is coming out with one in January, and they have by far the most accurate models available:

Hope this helps.

David Erbas-White

Writer1194 wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Don't know if these would fit what you are looking for. They are not metal, but are premade from cast resin. Not tothe same scales:

1/24 Apollo CM (no SM, and shown in post-recovery condition)

1/48 LM Lunar Landing diorama:

And for Alan Shepard/Golf fans:

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

"Peter Lutz" wrote in news:xiCbc.4033$V% snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

If you'll settle for an upscale, you can use BMS parts to make a nice BT-60 sport scale MX-774. BMS's BT-60 V2 boattail and Vincia nosecone are just about right. I can send you a RockSim file with the fin pattern. I had BMS laser cut the fins from .3mm plywood and then used two pieces to make a biconvex airfoil.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens