Kevlar thread

Hi All, Dose anybody know the size of the Quest Kevlar thread? Also what is the strength of the thread?

TIA John Hornsby

Reply to
a.hornsbyiii

I believe it's the same as the SL-1 at Pratt Hobbies website, listed at

100lb.

Just FYI, their TK-Small is much better to use to avoid zippers. It's great stuff for Quest and Estes rockets.

Boomer

Oh. It is "about" thread, not one. ;)

Reply to
Gary

SL-2 is similar to the Quest Kevlar cord. It's Kevlar yarn. SL-1 is more like heavy thread.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Oh, and thanks a lot for the plug. I'm glad you like the TK braid; I'm proud of it.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Maybe you would discuss the various forms kevlar comes in of note, and say why one is better than another.

I bought 100 pound test twisted kevlar for prototyping model rocket kits in the A-E range, for example.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine