APOLLO MODELS

Does anyone have recommendations regarding reliable online or store sources for purchasing Apollo Space program models (Command and Lunar Modules)? I'm interesred in more upscale, more expansive, painted metal quality as opposed to the cheaper plastic glue version. Thanks for any information.

Reply to
Writer1194

I guess the correct url is in order. go to realspacemodels.com Sorry for any confusion. Cheers, Max

Reply to
Max Bryant

why does painted metal imply higher quality? a diecast model usually doesn't hold a candle to a well built kit.

Sudesh

Reply to
Sudesh

Possibly for the same reason that figure painters put a lot of lead weight into the bases of resin figures, (so that they will be "heavy" like traditional metal figures) for their commission pieces. For "collectors" (as opposed to painters and/or model builders), who have less experience in these matters.... "heavier" somehow equates to "better"....lol

Reply to
Greg Heilers