Backfire-B and Aardvark PMC Projects

I was about to put a 1/72 scale TU-26 Backfire-B and a 1/48 scale F-111A up for auction on ebay when they jumped out at me as potential PMCs. Both are twin engine, variably swept wing bombers so clustering looks like an option. They are both heavy, though, so I have concerns about propulsion and recovery.

The TU-26 has two large intakes forward and it might be possible to vent the ejection charge through these to deploy parachutes. On the F-111, it would be really cool to have the crew module deploy separately at ejection.

Anyone out there ever done one of these?

So many projects, so little time...

Reply to
Louis Schroeder

Nope, but have done a number of successful flights using two C's on a

1/48th scale F14 Tomcat. Used a pen laser to make sure the motor alignment was correct. Please email me privately if your interested in converting these.

Kooch

Reply to
Kevin Kuczek