BIG ERROR

Hey guys! None of you has noticed that the Google logo dedicated to the Wright brothers has a big mistake in it!!!!

The airplane drawn is flying backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Google

Bizarre thing is, it looks better that way....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Well not exactly backward, but definitely wrong. The Wrights plane did have pusher propellers, but the elevators were in the front (and they go horizontally, not vertically like in the Google logo).

-JT

Google wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

No, they have it right. Look here:

Rocky Firth

Reply to
Rocky Firth

The Google logo is accurate. Please see

for a picture of the flight. On the Wright Flier it did have rear stabilizer for primitive rudder control. The front had the ailerons (as can be just bearly seen on the Google logo).

Reply to
Jeffrey Drongowski

Ah so it did have trailing rudders, and while obscured in the logo the elevators could be there.

-JT

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

They've got it 'wright'. Those are the rudders. It's a view from the rear of the aircraft. I interpret the "whoosh lines" to mean that the plane just took off.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

The Wright brothers were even smarter than we thought! ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

It's a recreation of Wilber's view as he watched the first flight!

Dale Greene SPAAR 503

Reply to
Dale Greene