Calculating the center of pressure for a known kit.

You people have been such a good and quick resource. I need a good concept/formula to calculate a CP for a large project. What's a quick and dirty way and also the classic way?

Thank you The Rocketeer

Reply to
paul

I use Rocksim by Apogee.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

There's also VCP:

Fred Shecter

Not the quickest method but if you use an old fashioned pencil it might get a little dirty. Otherwise if you like clean I'm sure a spreadsheet would help.

Cheers.

Reply to
L&K

The quick and dirty way is to make a cardboard cut out of your rocket's silhouette. The centre of gravity of the cardboard cutout is the centre of pressure of your rocket. Roughly speaking.

The classic way is to use the Barrowman equation.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

The quick and dirty way is to use VCP or the like. THe classic way is to use a slide rule or maybe an HP scientific calculator.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I'll race you if you like? ;)

THe classic way is to use

Before my time...

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Why, back in my day, we had to use large stone cutouts of our models, and an abacus...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

An abacus! You were lucky...

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Lucky. All we had were piles of pebbles.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow