Calculating the center of pressure for a known kit.

You people have been such a good and quick resource. I need a good concept/formula to calculate a CP for a large project. What's a quick
and dirty way and also the classic way?
Thank you The Rocketeer
I use Rocksim by Apogee.
Andrew

There's also VCP:
http://www.rocketry.org/software/details.php?software_id )
http://www.nar.org/software.html
http://www.sirius.com /
http://my.execpc.com/~culp/rockets/Barrowman.html
Not the quickest method but if you use an old fashioned pencil it might get a little dirty. Otherwise if you like clean I'm sure a spreadsheet would help.
Cheers.
Layne Rossi

On 9 Mar 2006 21:16:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com wrote:

The quick and dirty way is to make a cardboard cut out of your rocket's silhouette. The centre of gravity of the cardboard cutout is the centre of pressure of your rocket. Roughly speaking.
The classic way is to use the Barrowman equation.

The quick and dirty way is to use VCP or the like. THe classic way is to use a slide rule or maybe an HP scientific calculator.
On 13 Mar 2006 12:19:02 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I'll race you if you like? ;)
THe classic way is to use

Before my time...

Why, back in my day, we had to use large stone cutouts of our models, and an abacus...
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:28:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

An abacus! You were lucky...
writes:

Lucky. All we had were piles of pebbles.