Cesaroni Pro38 and Dual Deploy

Hello All, Is there an issue with using the Pro38 motor without the delay or black powder? I'll be using electronics for the deployment.
Peter

Shouldn't be, lots of people fly this way. Remove the paper cap, pour out the BP, and plug the BP well, Blu-Tack is the preferred material over here from what I've seen.
--
Niall Oswald
================================

There is a UK rocketry legend relating to this.... ;)
Also, don't forget the casing - it has been done, on more than one occasion!
--
Niall Oswald
================================

It's not a legend.

> It's not a legend.
FINALLY! Something good. Ok you two, come across... what's the legend. : )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Everything true and entertaining is secret.
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Several years ago, a guy in a group over here called AspireSpace claimed he knew how to load Aerotech 54mm motors for a student rocketry championship. He didn't. He left out the delay grain, because he thought it wasn't needed. The rest is history :-)
Much to everyone's amazement, he got a PhD a few years later (in materials science mind you). Not suprisingly, he got nicknamed Dr Delay Grain.
Note: I was once in AspireSpace before I went over to the dark side and joined MARS, but I had left when this event occurred, honest :-)
All the best,
Richard
--
MARS Flight Crew,
http://www.mars.org.uk
"Richard Osborne" <"richard at cyberthinc dot com"> wrote in message news:426daa57$0$2599
snip
Gotta love it! : )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

It wasn't just the fact that it happened, it was the swaggering "I, the rocketry guru, who knows all, shall teach you, the rocketry newbie..."

Are there photos/video of the results anywhere?
--
Niall Oswald
================================

I dunno. It was at an NRC, I believe, or possibly the weekend after at the corresponding K-Lob. 1999? Maybe google can help?

Luckily there were no results, he utterly failed to light any of the handful of motors he incorrectly prepped.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

That is always a thorn in the side of the "listener".
:)
Occasionally in Texas and once in Alberta IIRC. Those instructions in the reload kit and the one on the case again please.
Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace http://www.cesaronitech.com / (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

On 25 Apr 2005 14:49:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@jci.com wrote:

Use the motor-ejection charge as your backup. Set the delay a couple of seconds longer than your expected time-to-apogee, and the motor will pop your chute if the electronics fail.

Or omit the BP and put a dab of epoxy on the hole.
It's all outlined in the instructions (please read) and is certified. Epoxy is not required.
Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace http://www.cesaronitech.com / (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

But is an uncertified field mod :)

No it's not but I suppose adding the epoxy could be interpreted as such. :-)