Chutes

Who on line, has the best nylon chutes for Estes type rockets?

Randy

<randyolb

I like the ones from

.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Randy,

I made new chutes for both of my rockets, the Alpha III and the Stormcaster, from ripstop nylon.

Took me maybe 15 minutes per chute...and I get to customize the size and shape...

Super easy to do...with only about 15 seconds in instruction on what NOT to do with the spousal unit's sewing machine...I was up and running....

Randy. Melbourne, ON.

Reply to
R & K Bilyea

Check out the Top Flight Recovery parachutes; a Google search will find you plenty of places that sell them.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Ripstop is overkill for rockets of this size. I use Sunline lining fabric, and the same construction technique I'd use for Questes plastic chutes. No sewing machine required. Just scissors or a knife, and some tape. Good for D-G sized models.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

You are probably right, but I had about 4 yards of "stealth black" ripstop nylon on hand....and it worked great...

R.

running....

(yet)!

R Bilyea