Clear BT-80 body tubes?

There's a project I'm thinking about that would be "improved" by having a clear payload section so the payload in visible. Is there such a thing out there in the diameter range of say an Estes BT-80, or there abouts?

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

chuck:

try

they have some that are 2.610 " OD and 2.554" ID which is close enough for government work for a BT-80 that is 2.600"/ 2.558"... they come in 8.75"-24" in length ........ and you can even ask for a free sample !

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I've seen some clear and colored "fluorescent tube protector" tubing at TAP Plastics, but I don't know if it corresponds to any "rocket tube" size. (It fits over a standard "F40T12" size fluorescent lamp which is 1-1/2 in. OD.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It's close to BT60, at least the stuff I used once (lonnnng ago) for a see through rocket was.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dennett

go to

and search for part number 2044T52.

Thant should be what you are looking for.

nOrM

Reply to
nOrM Dziedzic