Dead Links on BuyRockets

I have identified the following dead links on

WildRocketry.com Value Land T and T Rocketry Starflight Industries Space Modeling Solutions Space Age Hobbies / ZrocketwerkZ Rocket Silo Orbital Dynamics Midwest Aeromodeler Jim's Hobbies Online Dunbar Hobbies C&T Hobbies Inc. Belleville Wholesale Hobby Ballistic Bob's Rockets Access Rocketry Yank Enterprises WinRoc Vaughn Brothers Trajectory Hobby Supply Suborbital Flying Machines Stellar Dimensions, Inc. Space Case Rocketry Rocketronics Red Arrow Hobbies Recovery Technologies R.A.T.T. Works Precision G10 Original Rockets, Inc. Olsen Advanced Electronics Nano Rocketry Rockets Kosdon Freqken Industries Freedom 7 Emmanuel Avionics Contrail Systems Inc. Blackhawk R&D b2 Rocketry Company Applied Composite Systems Apogee Instrumentation Systems Aardvark Rockets and Hobbies

I sent them to Roger but figured that if anyone knows of correct links for companies that are still in business they should supply those to Roger, also. His email address is at the bottom of the web page.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

I believe the following are out of business:

Yank Enterprises (bought by LOC Precision?) Vaughn Bros. (a serious bummer) Blackhawk R & D Aardvark Rockets (used to have great scale kits)

Reply to
NaCl

I still have my Starflight Industries T shirt! David Popkin is a super guy and did a great job supporting the HPR flyers in Georgia with quality products at our launches. He turned a lot of us on to Kosdon motors. Is David still active?

Reply to
tad danley

I am doing everything I can to stay off that list!!!

Shrox

Reply to
shrox

I know for a fact that Sub-Orbital Flying Machines is, and has been, out of business. Andrew shut the doors a couple of years ago. Shame. Had some cool models. I still fly his "Imp". That little puppy seriously cooks on a D13 reload.

Reply to
James L. Marino

Roger is getting out of the hobby and is no longer updating the site. I asked him about taking over the site so it would be useful again, but he did not seem to keen on the idea.

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

Then he ought to shut down the site. Leaving outdated/incorrect data lying around is really rude.

Reply to
David

I think I can speak for anyone who has one of your kits when I say that we're hoping you succeed in staying off of it!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

bag more kits. we'll buy them

Reply to
tater schuld

Awhile ago, Roger said that he wasn't going to update his site any more...

Can I suggest that you check out the Rocketry Resources directory on MaxThrust at

've got over 650 links, with more being added every day. And we periodically check the links to confirm that they are still live. Also - the links are categorized so it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for. And there's a search mechanism if it's not so easy to find...

From a cursory look, it seems like we already have most of the links that are also listed on BuyRockets...

Cheers, Craig

Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

Funny, I don't see USRockets anywhere.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

If any one has a contact for him, I'd appreciate it. I flew rockets with him as kids, and his dad and my dad were business associates.

Bob Kaplow

Too bad. I used it regularly.

Bob Kaplow

After posting my previous message, I compared the sites and found that there were 15 links on BuyRockets that were still valid but not on MaxThrust. We will add them as time allows.

I didn't track how many resources that are on MaxThrust but aren't on BuyRockets. But I'd have to estimate that there were at least a couple of hundred. However, we also list organizations, project home pages, how-to articles and other stuff that BuyRockets doesn't cover.

Anybody can add to the Rocketry Resources directory on MaxThrust, even Jerry. And they can submit news stories about their products or anything else they find important. Most, if not all, get published. All Jerry needs to do is register at

's free and I don't give out user info to anyone. Then he can submit his site at
And he can submit news stories at
all submitted content gets posted within 24 hours.

USRockets is one of the missing 15 resources. If Jerry spent as much time doing positive promotion of USRockets as he does with his other postings, I would probably have noticed it sooner. As it is, Jerry is in my fillfile...

Cheers, Craig

Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

I am NOT complaining. In fact I honor your work and thank you for helping everyone who wants help. Good job sir.

If you add USR I will not complain either :)

Other people might!

I have a focus on the #1 think people are asking for.

How is sell-through from visitors to your site?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

MaxThrust was very cooperative in getting news out throughout the legislative initative. They are great folks, who have some really fine resources on their site.

Kudos, guys!!!

- iz :)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed