Digital camera for rocket photography???

I simply responded in kind. he told me to get a grip so I responded accordingly.
no it did not meet the needs it did then or they would not have changed it.
they changed it BECAUSE it did not meet the needs. it sufficed but did not meet it.
the point was the recipie went obsolete NOT the nails themselves.
35mm MEETS the needs of most photographers so it does not change much.
digital cameras do not yet "meet the needs" of most peoples desires hence why it keeps "changing" it will eventually level off and meet the needs of most users. at that point it will stabilize like 35mm has today unless the "needs" change etc..
IE digital could go much higher than 35mm resolution while at the same time NOT making the camera that much larger or more expensive or harder to "deal with" which is the limiting factor in film camera's and why most like 35mm even though 120 is far far superior etc..
so now I get to say point set match. try again.
My point still stands. the digital camera does not GO obsolete. if it does not meet your needs it was never "current" to begin with it was obsolete on creation. thats because its immature. IT (digital technology) is not yet mature.
my point still stands. you apply the word obsolete improperly.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

far as the

trophy engraved.

it still meets

"STEEL"] OR the

say wait I can

8x10's
game!

Don't they still use square nails for horse shoes?
On 20 Jul 2004 21:42:04 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Yes. My mother goes to auctions and buys antiques and stuff. She was proud to show the small bag or square antique nails that she bought. That is, until I explained that they were just common slightly rusted horse shoe nails.
I might add that digital nails help keep you from slicing off your finger tips with your hobby knife.

Alan

But everyone on RMR tries to pound them into round holes...
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Ya get more bite that way.

ROFL!!!
So true!
Randy

If ABC had people that could write like this, they'd be #1 again.
Randy

Inclined plane, anyone? ; )
Randy

"One these computers is capable of meeting the complete computational needs of the USA" (some obscure US govt official in the early 60's, regarding one of the very early IBM 360 mainframes).
Nowadays, you have more compute power in your wristwatch.
[And I used to think that a 5 _megabyte_ drive was _huge_...]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
computers have not reached the "good enough" stage yet. Film Camera's have.

Can any one still use a 10 year old digital camera? I mean is the software that came with one that far back still usable on something like XP? For that matter can one get parts and repair service for a 10 year old digital camera? I have no doubt that I can still get repair service for my 35 year old SLR. I can walk into a camera shop today and buy a new zoom lense that will fit it.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

But would you want to? My daughter enrolled in High School Photo Journalism last year. My first reaction was to give her my old Olympus OM-10, a GREAT SLR for a budding photographer. It hasn't been used in almost 10-12 years and the mirror sometimes hangs so I brought it into a shop for repair. I don't remember the exact quote, but is was around $150 for a complete overhaul. We spent a little more (just a little) and got her a brand new Canon Rebel that accepts the same lenses my Elan does. Now that's she's on Yearbook staff that really paid off since she can borrow my 75-300MM zoom or my 28-135mm tele (slightly better than the lens on her camera). If she had stuck with the OM-10 all she would have had was a 50mm fixed (arguably better glass).
Granted the OM-10 was never a great camera. Perhaps if I had an OM-1 I would have spent the money to fix it. Even so, comparing my Elan IIe (with eye controlled focus!) to my OM is like comparing my Honda Pilot to my first Honda, a Civic 1200.
that is ONLY because the technology has "matured" and been HEAVILY "standardized" digital is NOT mature yet and has not been standardized.
show me a film camera from before things were standardized and mature and please by all means try to legitimately make the same claim.
I have many film camers that should they break I am screwed as finding parts would be near impossible.
you can not have a 10 year old digicam since I do not think any of the more common models can BE ten years old yet. if we use the LCD as the guys (IE count units with a color lcd) the oldest one possible is the Casio QV-10 (I have this unit BTW and it still works fine)
it is not ten years old yet (7 or 8 tops) I will let you know in 3 years if it still works. parts ? $10-$20 on ebay.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
writes:

possible
that
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

That's because it's analog <vbg>
Doug (ducking)

But Chris, it's ANALOG, not DIGITAL!
analog is a myth. when you get right down to it everything is digital anyway :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.ekissmyass.com /

Chris, time to start a new hobby, developing your own film :)
I agree, film processing is expensive, but I really like the freedom of a manual camera. If I could get one of those digital backs I would.
before I think of doing much else with my life, I gotta get me a place to own. someplace that can have a magazine, a giant shop to keep the lil' lady from grumbling, and observatory/tracking station, ham shack, and (i guess) darkroom
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

lady
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in message

Hi Bob, I've posted a few new photos with the Panasonic FZ10. Haven't mastered the camera yet, third time should be the charm.
http://www.skypirate.net/rocketry/lau_040724_01.htm
http://www.skypirate.net/rocketry/lau_040724_01.htm
snipped-for-privacy@skypirate.net (SkyPirate) writes:

Are these zoomed way in? Using the stabilizer?
Since I've decided to wait a while before buying, keep me informed of your impressions of the camera. Or buy a better one next spring and sell me the used one cheap :-)