Digital camera for rocket photography???

It'll be obsolete by then!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

In most cases no, I was leaving a lot of margin on these images and cropped them. Rarely uses half the available zoom. IMO the image does get a bit soft the more you zoom in. The most zoom was on that cluster rocket on page two and the rocket with the blue and white parachute. The one of the rocketeer loading the minimum diameter rocket on pad one (page 6), was taken from the launch control area and there's a fair amount of zoom there. I'll see if I can review the EXIF data and give you some precise info.

Using the stabilizer?

Yes.

Will do. If I could change one thing about the camera it would be having immediate access to changing the ISO setting. Right now, it's on the second page of a menu and takes 5 or 6 button clicks to get to.

Or buy a better one next spring and sell me the

Reply to
SkyPirate

It's already obsolete. Last wee, Panasonic released a new round of cameras. The FZ20, FZ15 and FZ3. The FZ20 and FZ15 are superior to my camera for rocketry photos and the FZ15 retail for $100 less .

Reply to
SkyPirate

And it there's one thing I could change about Apple computers it would be the feel of the keyboard. "Last week".

Reply to
SkyPirate

Wow! Procrastination pays off again!

Funny, I didn't find anything about them onthe Panasonic web site, but a search got plenty of hits.

Bob Kaplow

You can get an adapter to put a true blue IBM keyboard on them.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sigh, no, I might discover that I'm actually a bad proof reader. Better to have a scapegoat.

Reply to
SkyPirate

The keyboard on my PC is actualy [d][i][g][i][t][a][l].

Reply to
Alan Jones