Digital camera for rocket photography???

My point exactely. 20 years ago, I was fortunate to have a choice of 100, 200, or 400 film. 100 and 200 were "high quality", while the 400 was grainy. But 400 was the only one I could use to get a decent picture of BigFoot in the Kingdome (both obsolete by the way). Now with the advent of technology, I find 400 film to be of very high quality and wouldn't go back to the old stuff because TODAY it is obsolete.

steve

Reply to
default

was the only one

obsolete by the way).

quality and wouldn't

Actually you could get Kodak 35mm 1000 print film as far back as 1974. Didn't want to pay for it but it was available.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

?? film is a perishable. it can not go obsolete. it simply ceases to exist ?

that is like saying a "nail" can somehow become obsolete.

was the only one

obsolete by the way).

quality and wouldn't

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

computers have not reached the "good enough" stage yet. Film Camera's have.

what exactly was the point ?

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

I have dropped my Nikon onto concrete from 4+ feet. CRINGED and watched my life flash before my eyes each time. thankfully it has survived unscathed.

from the rocket. hell no.

point is you tried to make a point of durability in relation to obsolescence. I simply pointed out how DURABLE my crappy little fun 320 is.

IE I was showing your original comment had NO real point of value.

Chris Taylor Jr

Yes, Chris, I'm glad we agree on this subject. The square nails the pioneers used in rustic cabins were made of some pretty weak steel. I think they were hand forged as well. Now, those nails are obsolete and have been replaced by new, better nails.

steve

Reply to
default

so your saying we no longer use nails. so your saying when I see that 50ft long 8ft high eisle of nails at home depot that its an illusion ?

ok

OH you meant the STEEL used to make those nails is obsolete.

is that what you meant ?

Chris Taylor

forged as well.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I think what he's saying is that the square nails are obsolete. Pretty much all of the nails you see at Home Depot are round...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

So the square nails are obsolete. The square nails that have a fixed number of sides; the digital nails, are obsolete.

But the nails with the nice analog curved surface are still good...

Oh, the humanity!

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

not all. many are square. I believe they are masonry nails ?? will have to go look.

point is for all intents and purposes a nail is a nail. it s headed stake you drive into something to secure it.

a "tent stake" is an oversized nail :-)

etc.. etc..

now what IS obsolete is the formula of steel used (etc..) to make those nails.

I just think obsolete is a heavily abused word. it tends to be used improperly.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Except that they have a finite fixed number of atoms. Ohhh how digital

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Are you sure about that?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Inclined plane, anyone? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

are you saying "STEEL" is obsolete!

get a grip...

Reply to
default

Don't listen to Dave G. - he says things like that to all the boys!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

LOL!!

Reply to
RayDunakin

You just told Chris Taylor to get a grip.

Are you delusional?

Oh, wait. You are Steve Bloom. You ARE delusional.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

actually I was quite clear. in fact I am not going to repeat myself I will quote my own post

"OH you meant the STEEL used to make those nails is obsolete"

just in case your too dimwited to figure it out let me clarify FURTHER

"used to make those nails"

in case your still too much of a moron to figure this out STEEL is like cooking. its a RECIPE

STEEL is not an ELEMENT. it is made of multiple elements.

how you MIX THEM and COOK THEM (recipie) is what is obsolete.

Steel from 100 years ago is NOT the same as STEEL today. the recipie has changed. the OLD recipies go obsolete as we develop better one and the old ones no longer serve a viable purpose.

IS that clear enough for you ?

let me know when YOU have a "grip" on this

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr