epoxy syringes

Anyone know a good source for epoxy dispensation syringes? I need to measure out small(ish) quantities of Aeropoxy ES6209 structural epoxy from
one quart cans.
Thanks
About any good farm store will have them in the vet section. They come in several sizes. Also some pharmacies have them. As long as you do not mix the A & B parts they last a long time.
--
William Richardson ENC USNR Ret.
TRA 8703 L2
Bill Richardson wrote:

In many states, you have to have a prescription to buy syringes at the pharmacy.
Vet supply is a good idea; just be sure to leave the needles off.
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Well I'm going to third this idea. My sis and her husband are both vets and were able to supply me with a life time supply of absolutely perfect for epoxy syringes. I swear they were first designed for epoxy and second for the critters :)
I bet if you were to stop by a vet office they'd give ya enough to hook you in.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Brownell's gunsmithing supplies. They carry all sizes specifically set up for epoxy and glue. Find them on line with a Google search.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

You can buy needle-less oral syringes at drugstores,they are used to give children does of liquid medicines. I got mine at Eckerds for .50 each. 10ml max,with calibrations in .2ml increments or .5 tsp increments. Put colored tape around one to designate as "resin" or "hardener".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

that's who made the syringes I bought from Eckerds(now CVS),at .50 apiece. I don't know what the current price is for them,I'll have to check around.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I've bought many of them, even with the needles.
I "kinda" lucked up a couple of years ago when my wife contracted E Coli in her surgical site in her back. As a result of this infection I had to infuse her with antibiotics 3 times a day through a "PIC" line in her arm. This would entail using 4-5 10cc syringes at each infusion. I wound up with 100+ syringes that could only be used once for saline and heparin. Needless to say, I kept them all. They can be used multiple times and fit real good onto refrigerator water supply line tubing (the plastic stuff) to draw the epoxy up. I even went to the extent of drilling holes in the tops of my holding bottles so I would not have to draw the straw out and wipe it off each time.
--
Best regards,
Mark Daughtry, SR
Mark Daughtry, SR wrote:

I'm sure your wife is very happy she could provide this service for you.
:-)
Mario

I think I'd rather buy them than be this "lucky"...

Go to the drug store and see if they'll sell you a syringe without the needle. They often will. Or at least here they will if you explain what you want it for.
You might find that they have a "children's liquid medicine" applicator that consists simply of a needle-less syringe. Intended for giving things like cough medicine to infants and toddlers who can't/won't cope with spoons.
Lee Valley sells a number of glue applicators, including a packet of three (?) 20-ish CC plastic syringes with a curved "spout". <$5. With care, you can use these things multiple times, because the epoxy won't stick to them. You can trim the spout to the diameter you want - rather like a tube of caulk.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

I use standard medical / vet syringes from my local Farm & Fleet.