epoxy syringes

Anyone know a good source for epoxy dispensation syringes? I need to measure out small(ish) quantities of Aeropoxy ES6209 structural epoxy from one quart cans.

Thanks

Reply to
NaCl

About any good farm store will have them in the vet section. They come in several sizes. Also some pharmacies have them. As long as you do not mix the A & B parts they last a long time.

Reply to
Bill Richardson

I "kinda" lucked up a couple of years ago when my wife contracted E Coli in her surgical site in her back. As a result of this infection I had to infuse her with antibiotics 3 times a day through a "PIC" line in her arm. This would entail using 4-5 10cc syringes at each infusion. I wound up with 100+ syringes that could only be used once for saline and heparin. Needless to say, I kept them all. They can be used multiple times and fit real good onto refrigerator water supply line tubing (the plastic stuff) to draw the epoxy up. I even went to the extent of drilling holes in the tops of my holding bottles so I would not have to draw the straw out and wipe it off each time.

Reply to
Mark Daughtry, SR

In many states, you have to have a prescription to buy syringes at the pharmacy.

Vet supply is a good idea; just be sure to leave the needles off.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Well I'm going to third this idea. My sis and her husband are both vets and were able to supply me with a life time supply of absolutely perfect for epoxy syringes. I swear they were first designed for epoxy and second for the critters :)

I bet if you were to stop by a vet office they'd give ya enough to hook you in.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

I'm sure your wife is very happy she could provide this service for you.

:-)

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Kevin Trojanowski wrote in news:XM5We.20194$dm.3938@lakeread03:

You can buy needle-less oral syringes at drugstores,they are used to give children does of liquid medicines. I got mine at Eckerds for .50 each.

10ml max,with calibrations in .2ml increments or .5 tsp increments. Put colored tape around one to designate as "resin" or "hardener".
Reply to
Jim Yanik

According to NaCl :

Go to the drug store and see if they'll sell you a syringe without the needle. They often will. Or at least here they will if you explain what you want it for.

You might find that they have a "children's liquid medicine" applicator that consists simply of a needle-less syringe. Intended for giving things like cough medicine to infants and toddlers who can't/won't cope with spoons.

Lee Valley sells a number of glue applicators, including a packet of three (?) 20-ish CC plastic syringes with a curved "spout".

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Oral syringes is the way to go. Look for a medical supply company in your area. I bought a box of 100 BD Oral Dispensing Syringes (REF

305218) for about $30.
Reply to
Bruce Sexton

I use standard medical / vet syringes from my local Farm & Fleet.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I've bought many of them, even with the needles.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I think I'd rather buy them than be this "lucky"...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

"Bruce Sexton" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

that's who made the syringes I bought from Eckerds(now CVS),at .50 apiece. I don't know what the current price is for them,I'll have to check around.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
To hot to bother

Brownell's gunsmithing supplies. They carry all sizes specifically set up for epoxy and glue. Find them on line with a Google search.

Reply to
Reece Talley