Fanning the flame

Hey Jerry! one of these replys was written by Gary Moore! Wonder where he's at these days.

GC (__ (__ (_____ (______ TM (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (________ V1.64 (__ (__ (__ (__ (_____ (____ (__ (__ Freeware CP/CG Calculator (____ (______ (__ (c)1996 Gary A. Crowell Sr. snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net

Gary A. Crowell Sr.

gary: I so love it when you talk dirty......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

write the article Robert, we'll find a suitable ghost writer to send it in from down here...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I don't know but he is either alive and wellor that is yet another Gary Moore.

FL last I checked.

And how about Tom Kolis? I think he is a NASA employee.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sad and true. Amazing part is, so is the press. We're screwed.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You are, of course, absolutely correct.

Sometimes I just have to vent. I stumbled upon the article while Googling for an RMS motor for my L1 project. I was struck by the lack of motor availability and fewer retailers in only a year. Then I clicked on the article link. It fanned MY flame, I can tell you that.

I'll see if I can get a decent letter to the editor off.

Thanks for the reality check.

Reply to
Gary

The problem is that the press, probably having a good idea what sells newspapers, tends to cater to that sort of paranoid stupidity.

Then the politicians see the newspapers and think something like: "Oh, look, everybody's going to be worried about this because the newspapers say they should be: we'd better be sure we Position Ourselves on the Appropriate Side of the Issue, by appearing as least as paranoid as they are... to say 'that isn't a problem after all' is just not going to get us any votes from the Post-9/11 Electorate! People won't believe any assurances of safety that we give them, so we'd _better_ harp on the Imminint Danger if we want to get elected."

Then the newspapers report that all of this public Viewing-With-Alarm on the part of the politicians is convincing The Public that there _must_ really be something to worry about, and the self-reinforcing trend thereby picks up more and more intensity.

It's got to the point that there is to be little present hope of the electoral process even offering us a genuine opposition candidate... the Democrats seem to be falling all over themselves to appear at least as "security-hawkish" as the Republicans, for fear that they otherwise Won't Be Taken Seriously in Nov. '04...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It's not uncommon for an author to reference his previous works.

Mark Simpson

Hey - why not? If he makes a mistake in the first one, he's only going to compound it by referencing it in his second. :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

The question I was trying to answer was where he got his degree (or at least his Doctorate) from.

Reply to
Mike Sabo