Fanning the flame

This guy has a Doctorate? Where can I buy one?

Gary

"...and then Lancelot, Galahad and I leap OUT of the cargo bay....."

Reply to
BB
1st of all is there such a thing as a high power model rocket? I know there are model rockets, large model rockets and high power rockets.....I didn't know there was high powered model rockets... The NAR or somebody needs to write these people and tell them to get their terminology correct...

2nd for all you muslim terrorists out there, after reading this article, I'm sure you have now gotten a number of really good ideas on how to potentially use high power rockets with gps and or rc to guide it towards a jet airliner....

3rd and finally: read his proposed counter measures for jet airliners....lasers and air to air missiles.... this guy has way too much free time on his hands......

WHAT A RETARD....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

One would think that since the Air Force can't provide a reliable countermeasure system for a 2 billion dollar bomber, and since the Navy can't provide a reliable anti-missile system for a 20 billion dollar aircraft carrier, and since DoD/DARPA could not provide a reliable missile defense system for ballistic missiles, that a person smart enough to be a Senator would realize that you can bankrupt America and violate every last citizen's civil liberties and still not have a reliable commercial aircraft defense system.

Reply to
Jim Meyers

What a maroon! Everyone here knows that this is complete BS. This is what were up against, right here. This baloney sounds reasonable to the average citizen who dosen't know much about HPR.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Reply to
John DeMar

Well, I missed this the first time through... From the references in

> S. C. Pais, Bubble Generation in a Continuous > Liquid Flow Under Reduced Gravity Conditions, Ph. > D Thesis, Case Western Reserve University, 1998. >

If someone has connections at Case Western, maybe they could find contact information for this guy. He doesn't show up on there online directory, but maybe they don't list "Cartoon Science" faculty.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Wal-Mart, just like everyone else.

Bob Kaplow

So how did McCarthy get taken down in the end?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Snicker, "cartoon science",... that's a good one!

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Like most such he did himself in by riding his publicity machine into the ground... till even Joe Sixpack realized something was very wrong.

Still, the damage he did shattered careers for no good reason and scarred many people for life.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

"Jim Meyers" wrote in news:u9klb.28817$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

See, you install these systems that make your business cronies rich (after you get a consulting contract with them) and then when no high power model rockets bring down any airliners you claim they have proven to be an effective deterrent!

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Man to small boy: "Why are you banging those two sticks together?"

"It keeps the tigers away."

"But there aren't any tigers around here..."

"See what I mean! It's working!"

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

If you look at Reference 15 in the full paper

Dr. Pais references his own Thesis. So he got his PhD from Case in '98.

Reply to
Mike Sabo

I want to know how to get Nasa to grant me money for Cartoon Science.

Sounds lucractive. I'll call the Question Mark Guy on the TV ads, he'll know.

"Get a $100,000 grant for Cartoon Science , or your GED !"

Reply to
AlMax714

Given that NASA is largely a PR firm, you might get it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Its just SO frustrating. The BATFE/Schumerberg consortium eats this stuff up. John Q. Public hasn't a clue and just sees a PhD saying high power sport rockets are a threat to airliners.

Dr. "Can't find a real job so I'll sell emotional trash to any loser website who will buy it" Know-it-all-intellectually-dishonest-hype-chasing-bubble-blower adds to the rampant dumbing down paranoia that has an already scientifically challenged society firmly in its death grip.

Maybe that's it. Get the populace stupid enough and they'll believe anything they're told.

"Move away from the book; you are in violation of Government Rational Thought Laws."

Reply to
Gary

The vast majority are already at that point.

tim

Reply to
Tim

I've read this thread with a bit of interest. Yes, we all agree that this article contains a load of crap. I think that one thing that the hobby needs is a spokes person or two. There is a link on the web page for how to submit an article. A well-reasoned well thought out article of how the hobby has gained experience with rockets and electronics and that hobby rockets would make poor weapons to hit moving targets. (at the range you would have to get to have a reasonable chance of hitting with hobby rocket, a shotgun into a jet engine would have more chance of hitting and be more effective).

I'm Canadian and they won't accept an article from me. I think that a reasonable sounding (not flame ridden) response to these articles would go further to help our hobby (than complaining here).

Is there someone who could craft a "professional" article about how difficult it would be to use a hobby rocket for terrorism?

Rob Cole CAR #S665, L3

--------------------------------------- Visit Cole Fired Rockets at:

Cole Fired Pinball at:

Robert Cole