Female Astronauts

Guys,

for the camp in which I'm getting guides to build rockets we will be having 4 sub camp which the guides will stay in, each of the sub-camps will follow an exploration theme, they are hoping that one of the camps can have a space theme and have a female explorer of space to go with it which the girls will learn about and present to the rest fo the camp.

So I'm currently looking for a list of Female Astronauts, particularly looking for ones that come from a wide veriety of backgrounds/countries etc.

If anyone has any ideas can you contact me on guide snipped-for-privacy@bfo.org.uk

Thanks for all the help people have given me so far with this, hopefully things like this will get more people involved in rocketry and in particular more girls interested in space and sciences.

Cath

Reply to
Cath

Apogee Books has a book out about "Women Astronauts". Here is a reference

The Amazon.uk link is
I haven't read this book but the Apogee stuff is generally OK. Best wishes, Will

Cath wrote: ...

Will Marchant

shreadvector

You'll have to sort the male from female yourself:

Bob Kaplow