Fireproof Streamer Material?

Is there any fireproof material that can be used for streamers without wadding?
I know about standard crepe party streamers, but I would like something
a little more durable.
Ultimately, material that comes in rolls, and in a florescent or DayGlo color would be ideal.
Thanks for any leads!
I supose you could dye kevlar a flourescent color, or pehaps even nomex cloth or paper...and there is of course teflon tape....
shockie B)

You might have better luck with a light fabric of some non-melting composition (eg: cotton) treated with a flame retardant.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Try "foilmark" pp2510 etc...
mostly, it has not melted yet for me, mostly
rolled into a roll, and tossed out at ejection.
better then the crape paper anyway, not a contest winner, unless you plan to make an ARCH.
How about aluminum foil reinforced with tape? that sounds like it would work.... wouldn't look good however...
-- TAI FU http://creationism.dyndns.org /
mcmaster carr at www.mcmaster.com has 3 mil thick red/yellow/orange colored teflon ..
shockie B)

Sorry for the delay!
I don't see any red, yellow or orange teflon tape at McMaster. Can you give me a catalog number please? This sounds great.
I am pursuing nomex and ProBan fabrics, and also fireretardant applied to non-plastic fabrics.
Thanks!
Ike wrote:

Page 2177, "Pipe Thread Sealant Tape". Find this page by typing "teflon tape" into the McMaster-Carr web page (http://www.mcmaster.com) next to the "Find" button.
The colors are light green, light orange, light red, or light yellow. ... and the key word here is "light". The light orange I bought is what I would call "beige".
--
Steve Humphrey
(replace "spambait" with "merlinus" to respond directly to me)