Reentry...

A few years ago I kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a while; had a business go bust, spent a couple of years unemployed, had other
bits of excitement thrown in and so on.
But now I have a Real Job and hope to have disposable income (i.e. "money to burn") by springtime, so it's time to resubscribe to rmr!
I'm pleased to see that there are a lot of familiar names still active, and every tenth message still decays into a flamewar on one of two or three familiar topics. And Tai Fu is back? Back?! I missed his departure! So it looks like it's gonna be just like old times...
And I have a fun new toy to play with, too! At my new job I am the maven of this little baby: http://www.zcorp.com/products/printersdetail.asp?ID=1
Suggestions welcome :-)
--
Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
If your teacher tells you to Question Authority

Gordon S. Hlavenka wrote:

Idle curiosity here but what part of the country do you reside in? The reason I ask is do a little ballparking on the country's job market.
btw, welcome back! Dude, I've been there...
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Well, Bob Kaplow used to shop at my store, back in the day. And I shop at Al's. Does that narrow it down?
--
Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
If your teacher tells you to Question Authority

Don't know if he relocated, but he used to be in the Westen Chicago suburbs, and occasionally flew with NIRA. I used to buy electronics stuff at his former store.

Well, it looks a bit ungainly, but I'm thinking that four K700W's ought to get it off the ground!

David
Hi Gordon: Those "replicators" sound pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to play with one first hand. We got the NASA folks at MSFC to do a complicated mirror/grating mockup for us and it was sweet!
This thing might be ideal for making things like the spaceship from Wallace and Gromit's "Grand Day Out". Do it in two pieces: nose cone and body. The body could get built up from fins to forward end of the body tube with integral motor mount tube and thin airframe shell. Maybe add some ribs for strength? Leave a couple of holes for the launch rod and the processing fluid could drain.
What you then have is a Ready-To-Fly rocket that just needs a recovery system. I would claim that the design work necessary to pull this off makes it significantly different from just buying a RTF kit from the local chain store. But when you publish the design file on the web then the person that has their 3-D printer whip one off *is* doing a RTF...     Have fun with the toy!     Will
Gordon S. Hlavenka wrote: ...

Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L2
WHOA! Wazzup, Gordon? Nice toy, too, BTW...