Fresno Launch

-dave w

Is the Fresno launch phun?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes.

I was at the one last Sunday: the first one they had this year, actually. Low-key affair compared to some there (the big action should be at Dairy Aire next month), but some good flyin' - and motors seem to be in decent supply at long last... including the new SU Aerotech LMR stuff with the yellow plastic ejection plugs and hex-shaped front bulkheads... along with some Ellis SU (apparently they got their California papers now) and plenty o' Pro38/54 stuff... which, now that it's more available, is addictive.

(I think they must have fatter newton-seconds up in Canada than what Aerotech uses... the Pro38's make "similar size" RMS motors seem just a little bit wimpy.)

Actually, this was the first time I'd been out HPR-ing in many moons; most recent weekends have been in the shop working on the peroxide production problem... slow progress there, but perceptible. (Just hope I get somewhere before I get too old to design the vehicles I want to use it in...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker