Gouge and/or pitting in aluminum casing

How deep can a pit or gouge be in a 38mm Dr. Rocket casing before it is unsafe to fly?

Has anyone ever used JB-Weld (or someother adhesive) a metal reinforcement ring at the location? Any other repair ideas? The pit is about half the metal thickness and about the width of a fine-tip ball point pen (by my micrometer eyeball).

Casings in question are (FAIK) new/unused. I am considering offing the lot of 3, and sticking with SU motors above G. Only the largest one has the pitting in question.

TIA.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Half the thickness in a small spot (not over threads) should be fine. JB weld is a waste of time.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine