Removing the casing

I'm new to all this. I had a train set as a kid and I'm just starting up again.

I have a Hornby Class 121 R2509 Bubble railcar and I can't get the casing off to fit the DCC Decoder. Undoing the screws is simple but whatever I try I don't seem to be able to remove the body from the chassis. The instructions simply say ease the body outwards and then lift up (or words to that effect). Where are the locating lugs or whatever it is that is holding the body in place or do the screws do that and it is literally a case of lifting the body off?

Reply to
Graham Harrison

"Graham Harrison" wrote

The instructions are correct, but these are a tight fit. I'd suggest separating from from chassis in a number of places (can't remember where the clips are) and putting thick pieces of card in to hold the two apart. The a careful pull off chassis from body should do the trick.

I managed to break off one of the footsteps when doing mine (although it glued back in place easily afterwards) so try and avoid using the steps to get additional purchase.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, I managed to break a step. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

I dont think John was suggesting breaking the step, in fact suspect the hint was to avoid doing that.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I think that's what Graham was saying.

Reply to
MartinS

Smartarse ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

was it you that put a hex on me - soldered one coupling rod direct onto crankpins today. Not exacly a free running chassis. Then decided to clean the registry on main work PC. unfortunately it would start after that.

Staying in bed tomorrow.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon