Hello all, new guy here

Hello all. After a few weeks of lurking in the shadows, I wuld like to say hi. I flew a rocket as a kid, then saw the Discovery program 30 years later. I believe this is a hobby I could happily become addicted to. Jim Devine ARSA #457

Reply to
James M. Devine

Welcome back, Jim. I took about 30 years off from rocketry myself & got back into a few years ago. It's a good time, a good bunch of folks, & a creative outlet. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out a club launch near you & feel free to ask questions on RMR. Despite some of the stuff that goes on here, you can still ask a question & get good answers.

-- Richard "thought I was getting scammed out of $1100.00 on eBay, but it looks like it's gonna work out alright" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Welcome back to the world of rocketry.

addicted to.

Reply to
Starlord

Hey Jim,

WELCOME! I might suggest you take a look at the following sites to get you started. This is by no means a complete list, but these are sites I think you will find helpful:

Rocket shops

If you are any where in the North East Central states, there is a large regional launch this weekend at Three Oaks Michigan. This site is 3 miles from the Michigan Indiana Border (about 100 miles east of Chicago). Email me offlist for details.

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

Hi Jim,

Welcome back to the hobby. I'd like to invite you to come check out The Rocketry Forum at

. It is a moderated community of over 1000 members, with purely rocketry-related discussion. Ok, maybe not purely, since we do have our off-topic forum where most anything goes. I, for one, enjoy that enviroment better than here on RMR, but some people enjoy the bickering and in-fighting that is RMR. Basically, check out both forums and see what you like best. Sometimes the best way is to post the same note on both RMR and TRF and compare the two...

I hope you have a long and successful time in rocketry! Have fun!

Jason Toft

Reply to
Jason Toft

Hey!