help with designing a rocket

I have a really cool idea for a rock I want to build, but I have no clue how to do some stuff for it. What I want to build is a 24 in long
(at most) rocket, that will fly on a b/c engine. But what makes it cool is that when the main engine has completed the burn cycle, it will ignite these three little rockets (1/2 or 1/4 A's) that will fly up, and then streamer down with the big rocket. How would I do such a thing?
Oh, and some backround, I am very profecient with rockets. I have build a few level 3's, and a rocket from scratch, so I can understand what you are talking about.
You meant Skill Level 3 right?
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

I thought maybe he was working on a new kind of igniter, 8-)
http://www.btinternet.com/~y2ksoftware/srwmirv.html
http://www.sirius.com /

http://www.eweek.org/site/News/Eweek/girlsday_tryit_exp5.shtml
Okay, sorry if I confused you with the level 3. I have no certificating, and I was reffering to the estes kits and what not. Those links look helpful. Thnks for your help.

Sounds to me like the old Mirv Griffon Model Rocket kit design.
Anyone have links to the that old Kit ?
Cranny Dane

Which was a second cousin to an old Modle Rocketry magazine plan whose name I forgot. It had a central sustainer and 3 second stage pods that used the old "Shortie" motors.