How do I...

How do I figue out what engine I need to lift a 1.5lb to 2lb rocket? I have a 3' cardboard tube that weighs 1.1lb that I wantto make in to a rocket.
The altitude can be around 1000ft. Less is fine.
--

- Carl

"You know what else really grinds my gears? When I can't find the two
The basic formula is weight in lbs. X 4.45 X 5 = the needed average thrust in NS. See:
http://www.info-central.org/index.cgi?propulsion
and click on motor selection.