How much will this affect flight?

Ok, so today I was doing a midbody repair which involved cutting the rocket about a third up, right above the motor mount, install a new
shock cord mount and then couple everything back together. no big deal.
since i didn't have a 2.1" coupler i had to make one out of a spare part of tube, slit, and then used that as a coupler. after i coupled everything back together i rotated the tube around to get a good epoxy layer between the two tubes.
after it is all said and done, i noticed that the two tubes aren't perfectly aligned laterally, as in there is a small kink in the rocket in general at the joint. the rocket is 54mm" diameter with a 29mm mount, about 4.5 feet long. the coupling is about 1 third up the rocket from the back end, and the gap between two tubes on one side of the coupler is a little less than one mm, translating to about ~1.01 differential.
if you hold the rocket and look laterally down the tube, you do notice the kink, but it isn't that bad. i'm wondering how and how much will this aberration effect flight tracking under power (~H180)? any ideas?
thanks!
adam attarian raleigh, nc
On 20 Jul 2005 13:17:57 -0700, in rec.models.rockets snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It will have almost no effect whatsoever. Any difference in aerodynamics will be *much* smaller in effect than the typical variations between "identical" motors. Don't sweat it!
- Rick "voice of experience" Dickinson
--
Every parliament or congress worldwide should be equipped with a
hundred-pound chunk of sodium in the entrance foyer, such that any

Now you know why I don't like slit couplers.
Not sure what effect if any the kink will have.
FWIW, if you do something like this again, consider using a piece of angle iron as an alignment tool.
I have a lawndarted Big Daddy in the round 'tuit pile, and I may have to use this technique. But it will only work if there's a clear section of tube below the cut line unperturbed by fin fillets and the like.
Doug

On 20-Jul-2005, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Lateral is side to side. Looking lateral you would be looking perpendicular to the axis of the body tube. I think you meant axially down the tube. Should not make a noticeable difference.
KT
Now that is a good piece of knowledge... thank you!