OK Guys, How much did we spend on models this christmas?

so did we all spend more on ourselves instead of our SO and or family?

I was good this December only ordering the 1/32 A-7 Corsair and the

1/72 Gato.

I may go off the wagon though as I brought my Squadron flyer to work today.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I spent a little money and got a lot for myself.

A local hobby shop was closing due to the owner retiring. Every week, the discount got bigger and by the time of the final few days, the discount was up to 80% off(!). At first I soley concentrated on filling in the gaps in my Squadron/Signal "In Action" series book collection. Since the discount on books was high to start with, this was a good plan. By the time I got all the "In Action" books I needed, the kit discount was up to 50% off. The first day of the 80% off sale was the Friday after Thanksgiving. I had made a little list of things I wanted to look for but was pretty sure that all these items would be gone by the time I got there. I arrived at the store shortly after it opened and I found that all of the things on my list were still there! I picked up Tamiya's Swordfish, MiG-15, and F-84G, Academy's C-97 and KB-29, and a few other kits for 80% off! The store was also selling all of it's fixtures so I also picked up a PollyScale paint rack.

It's sad to see a hobby shop close, but it's good to be able to get large discounts on items you can't find at Hobby Lobby.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

nothing, have no money. i buy some gifts for a Germans girl family who i fly to visit tomorrow, not xmas gifts as im a athiest and dont belive in that load of BS.

Reply to
jules

Nothing yet.......most likely won't be a single model either, more likely a Canon 20D DSLR.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Let's see:

1/16 M26 Pershing tank (RC) ~$500 radio for above ~$110 batteries & charger ~$50

The joy of harrassing the dogs...priceless!

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

i have a self imposed ban on kits. i need to build not buy. but i will be near an hl xmas week. if they have a kit sale going....(just shoot me now.)

rucky rastard, rorge!

Don't know yet, I'm going to the hobby shop this afternoon. But more than likely, it will hover around some $30 to $50.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

I've given myself a $50 limit. I think I'll blow it all on some moskit exhausts (since they are going out of business).

Reply to
Pauli G

Well, about $125 so far this month at Berkeley Ace Hardware's hobby shop.

Gifts for Christmas and Channukah are hard to tell as we buy and put away all year, but probably $750 or so. We are Disney fanatics, so purchases on the experimental West Coast cruise and two trips to Disneyland were pretty much our gifts to each other for the year. What we do exchange for the holidays are usually thngs for the home.

First night of Channukah is Christmas, so we save a day. Justin, of course, gets stuff from us and other family every day, mostly DVDs and CDs. He'll be in bed from 12/23 through 12/30 for post surgical recovery, lengthening Achilles tendons.

Best wishes to all,

Tom

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

I only spent about $30 on an order to Squadron,for the Academy F4F Wildcat,Wildcat in action book,and Pavla Siebel FH104. But I also am giving myself The complete series of Night Stalker on DVD. Of course I know that others are giving me some models and DVDs too but that's another tale. Merry CHRISTmas!

Reply to
eyeball

" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I hope Justin gets tHrough surgery OK. Whish him luck. I had my achilles tendon torn of in a Rugby game about a year ago. I'm not playing rugby anymore, but all is back to normal again.

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

Thanks.

The surgery on the right leg went really well. Little to no pain, a week in bed, month and a half with limited movement in a cast, two weeks in a walking cast, lots of PT after that.

Left leg: Repeat above.

The stack of unopened DVDs grows in preparation. Since I have to be within arms reach the first week there are several flicks that we'll share. The Aviator, High & the Mighty, No Island in the Sky top the list.

In the mean time he is doing a lot of parties (IPMS Santa Rosa tonight), movies and events.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I no longer celebrate Christmas, I get gifts from the UPS and Fedex every month! Basically it's Christmas every week at the Crapatorium! I enjoy my system, enjoy yours...Lemmy know if you want to be in my will... Cheers, The Keeper

Reply to
The Keeper

Zero, so far. I spent most my money on my wife, kids, and grandkids. Buying stuff for them is what makes me feel best. I think my wife may have bought me an l/e print of E/502 "Silencing the Guns." If so, that should be more than enough for me.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

i bought myself a 1x1 scale of a 1978 yamaha sr500 with 5k original miles. has a real working motor and a real title. never mind that i have 2 others like it.....

color as the one i bought.

500cc 32 bhp, runs like a stripe assed ape being chased by his worst nightmare. i intend to by some correct scale pe and a new fibreglass dome for my head.

Mark M

Christmas may be a load of BS to you, Jules but it's not to me and a lot of others. I believe Atheism is a load of crap; a dodge for the lonely, unhappy, selfish and self-centered but that's just my opinion. That said, keep Christmas in your own way (or leave it alone if you wish), but allow me to keep Christmas in my way. I hope you have a good trip and are able to find some happiness.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

$13 for AMT BC '25 Ford roadster at a Columbus shop, today. Stopped at our local HL after that, so the wife could pick up some candy tins. I couldn't find anything that piqued my interests so the roadster will probably be all.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

So far about $10 for one of those Minicraft Rolls-Royces from Squadron. I have an original Hubley and I wanted to see what has been done to the kit in 45 years. They changed the 'glass' and the tires aren't whitewalls anymore but everything else seems the same.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller