Kevin Bacon

Well, I just had a bacon burger today, and Kevin's last name is bacon. One link! ;)

BTW, ever see that credit card commercial where someone asks Kevin Bacon for ID, and he starts linking himself to half a dozen strangers? That cracked me up.

Reply to
RayDunakin

"Bob Kaplow"

Dear Mr. Speaker... In my hand is a list of enemy combatants walking our streets right this minute!

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Yeah, that's a good one!

Personally, my favorite is the one with Charlie Sheen where the way-too-freaking-skinny babe gives him the brush off. For some odd reason I can relate to that ad.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
ogie oglethorp

Look, if we were really conspiring revolution, we'd be secretly scheming among ourselves, not joking about it out loud on usenet...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Bob,

You and I met at NARCON '99 during the Old Time Rocketeers forum.

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

wow, the washington post had a list like this in the 70s.

Reply to
AlMax714

Except that NSA has *zero* mandate for domestic surveillance. For that, they need to trade data with their allies :-) Mention the word "Echelon" in front of an NSA/CSE/GCHQ spook, and check out the *studied* look of non-recognition on their faces :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Are you so sure about that? ;O)

Oh, BTW - the name which you DIDN'T include in that list as "to the best of (your) knowledge, (not a) BATFE agent" is....

one.....

Mr.......

Bob........

Kaplow!

(O.k., so I watched one too many Columbo episodes....)

Reply to
BB

Email me!

If you look at the original post, it says this is the level 1 list, aka all the people I know. I would be level 0. It's on my web page.

Bob Kaplow

I'm just having fun with you Bob. ;O) We haven't met.

Actually, I'd be a level 2 on your list, several times over; also I've bought stuff from many of these folks, although that's not the same as having personally met them; and I've corresponded with one or two more.

O.k., ya got me.

So how many levels deep is Kevin Bacon on your list? ;O)

Reply to
BB

Let's see... I'm on Bob's Level 1

I used to work with someone who was an extra in the Blues Brothers movie with John Belushi; that's Level 2

John Belushi was in Animal House with Kevin Bacon; that's Level 3.

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

Kevin Bacon was in Animal House? What character, pray tell?...

steve

Reply to
default

Fred Shecter

In one of the rival frat's (Niedermeyer's maybe?) he was the pledge getting spanked and saying, "Thank you, please, may I have another?"

Doug Lots of great lines in that movie...

Reply to
Doug Sams

"Doug Sams" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org...

Doug wrote:

(Thanks, Doug)

Fred wrote: For expanded in production information on over 1,500 film projects, including contact details, visit IMDbPro.com. Click here for a free trial.

Familiar Faces from IMDb Publicity Photo Services Did you know that if you're in the database you can add your headshot to your filmography page? You can with IMDb Publicity Photo Services. Once you've purchased a package you can either mail your headshot to us (for those a little less technically inclined) or you can send it electronically (for those who are). Thousands of customers, including agents, actors, publicists, directors, stuntpeople, makeup artists, composers and others, have added their (or their client's) headshots, posters, production stills, work samples and more to their page. Shouldn't you? Go to Publicity Photo Services and make your page stand out today!

Today's IMDb Poll Question Is: Now that The Matrix Reloaded phenomenon has had significant time to calm down, what's your disposition towards The Matrix Revolutions? (vote)

Learn the Ropes in Ask a Filmmaker What if you had a chance to ask a distinguished cinematographer, screenwriter, or director any filmmaking question you wanted? Well, you do, in Ask a Filmmaker. Send your questions to snipped-for-privacy@imdb.com, snipped-for-privacy@imdb.com, or snipped-for-privacy@imdb.com and your query may be selected for response by camera artisan Oliver Stapleton, revered director Penelope Spheeris, or acclaimed screenwriter John August (Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle). Check out this week's issue or the "Ask" archive. Straightforward, thoughtful, truthful; get the real inside scoop on making movies in Ask a Filmmaker.

IMDb Movie of the Day Director/writer Leslie Megahey's The Advocate somehow manages to mix the seriousness of medieval courtroom drama with a sly sense of humor regarding the events taking place there. This unique see-saw of absurdity and uneasiness is evident from the very beginning of the film, where we learn that circa

1452, French law maintained that animals could commit and be held accountable for the same crimes as humans. Such is the nature of Abbeville, the rural town serving as the new home for Richard Courtois (Colin Firth), an advocate escaping the repetitive rigors of Paris in hopes of making a real difference, by attempting to reverse some of the superstitions and fear perpetuated by religious and civic authorities. Courtois and his legal assistant Mathieu (Jim Carter) are handed a stack of untried cases, including a pig accused of murdering a Jewish boy. The courtroom trial of the pig, which is a giggle to watch, turns to something more serious when Courtois' research to defend the animal uncovers many of the town's darkest secrets, which have been concealed by everyone from the ruling Seigneur (Nicol Williamson) and prosecutor (portrayed perfectly Donald Pleasance), to the earthy local priest Albertus (Ian Holm). The talented supporting cast weaves the varied threads of the story expertly, and Firth's bemused courtroom defense of the pig reveals glimpses of his future star power. His performance certainly earned the raves of one co-star -- Sally, the pig -- who, while aggressive with everyone else on the set, reportedly took an instant liking to Firth and often laid at his feet during filming. (more) (Movie of the Day Archive)

Contact Information for over 28,000 Professionals on IMDbPro.com If you're looking for agent contact information for industry professionals, IMDbPro.com has contact data for over 28,000 names and the information is being added to and updated daily. If you're looking for company contact information, international, domestic and daily box-office numbers, IMDbPro.com is the site for you. If you're looking for news from the Hollywood Reporter IMDbPro.com is where you need to go. Try IMDbPro.com for free for two weeks. Click here for details.

Click for more trivia! Truly Trivial Joe Pesci's character in this movie is named after Orson Welles' character in the film The Third Man. (answer)

Movie/TV Quote of the Day

Reply to
default

I don't know. I simply posted the URL for the home page of the IMDB where you can simply type in a movie title or actor name (or director or extra) and get oodles of info on movies.

"Bacon, Bacon, Bacon"

-Fred Shecter

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Tod, Resubscribe, click here;

steve

Reply to
default

Chip Diller.

And Doug, the line is "Thank you SIR may I have another?"

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

And there you have it. I asked a simple question in casual conversation amongst some friends. One came back with a simple specific answer to my question, the other said, "here, look it up yourself".

steve

Reply to
default

I WAS going to suggest looking Jerry up on IMDB. If he's not there he can add himself!

I have not added myself. I did one rocket for one really bad movie (at least it had Jamie Lee Curtis in it, but I never saw her or went near a set. Also had Gregory Peck.).

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117