Re: Diane, what IS your involvement in rocketry?

The people that run the likes of microsoft and the RIAA and the OIL cartels.?????

that is your problem diane (not you specifically no offense is meant)

THESE ARE THE SAME KINDS OF PEOPLE IN POWER IN GOVERNMENT!!

thats the whole stinking problem. if you want to see what is wrong with governement for an example JUST LOOK AT YOUR EXAMPLES as an analogy.

we need people NOT LIKE the people in RIAA Microsoft and current governement etc.. to run this country.

people like the founders. NORMAL average people with a good education and good intelligence and a sence of right and wrong. (I do firmly believe many things are FUNDIMENTALLY right and wrong)

People live on the streets cause the Governement wants it that way. it must be so cause they could change it with the stroke of a pen.

People like riaa and microsoft as FILTHY as they are DO CREATE jobs. (they then later take them away when they wipe out the competition off course)

we need to get people in power who are NOT like those kinds of people.

Chris Taylor

But seriously folks..... I don;t believe in the "natural goodness of > people" myself. RIAA, Microsoft and the Oil Cartels prove this out to > me. I believe that government should keep it's regulations to a > minimum BUT I also believe that a government should insure the health, > welfare (not a dirty word) and common good for all it's people. > > People forced to live the streets, the mentally unsound or disabled > sleeping on sidewalks with no recourse to treatment, the 20% of > children who go hungry every day in America, people unable to afford > decent healthcare, folks losing their homes because their Megacorp > decided to lay them off after 15 years and farm their job out > overseas, and a guaranteed living minimum wage are all among the > things that *I* believe should be a government's first concern. >
Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

but when fairness is enforced by a select few.

see the problem. on a small scale (select few) what is fair is RELATIVE (hence why most tax breaks benifit the rich and NOT the middle class etc..)

As you enlarge who decides what is fair (with some oversight to prevent a run away etc..) you LEVEL OUT what is truly FAIR.

Oddly Enough the ideal governemt would be a MERGER of the cold war. Communism (as originally envisioned) and Capatilism with a STRONG push of FREEDOM mixed in. and all this controlled by the PEOPLE as a whole. NOT a select few.

the NATURE of getting into political power means you pretty much NEED to already be RICH to do so (go ahead and try to run for a major office where you would have some real national power)

unless you got lots of money.....

and off course money tends to look out for themselves (its human nature) the objective is to get someone in the MIDDLE to be this person so that FOR THEMSELVES also happens to be FOR the majority of the population.

Insurance should be as automatic as anything else that comes with citizenship. with our technology it is inexcusable for anyone to have to PAY for insurance (like we do now)

the reason things covered by insurance is so expensive (every tried to pay for something without insurance) is BECAUSE of the insurance system in the first place.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

and you think you do ?

really now. no flaming etc.. Seriously. I read YOUR posts and the websites YOU publish and you think you sound like the most stable person in the world.

One thing I am is very strong willed. Especially when my FREEDOM is threatened (ala patriot act etc.. and everything else since 9/11)

9/11 will be remembered. remembered as the last day the united states of america had any chance of remaining a Nation of the Free.
Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

actually a little less gut weight would do me just fine and move the CG in the right direction as well.

Chris Taylor Jr

Who cares - what are you the grammer police? The point was not missed.

Phil Stein

Typos intentionally inserted for the anal retentive.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I have not read a single website of hers or any posts in other newsgroups so I have to take it on faith that elsewhere she is different in character than she is here. Other groups have different dynamics anyway.

But here I have to be honest. I find her thoughtful and on-topic. That could change, but so far, it's true.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Chris Taylor Jr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newshost01.voicenet.com:

Oh no, you've given Chris another soapbox...

len (checking the phase of the moon).

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Phil Stein wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He certainly doesn't. I've met Chris and he's an interesting, if sometimes overly enthusiastic, guy.

Nice, if probably unintentional, pun.

Gesture. Voila. Brant. Stine. Arcas. Lose.

len (in another futile effort to use the spelling police to quell another riot of irrelevancy).

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I would be the first to admit that I respond differently to people such as Chris in other forums then I respond to something interesting and serious such as RMR.

What can I say? I'm a bad, bad girl

Reply to
Diane

Despite the trolldom and wackos here, rmr has actual content.

You are forgiven :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I was not asking your opiniion.

I was asking his.

Your opinion is not relevant to me because your opinion is tainted by the fact that you only have what he has presented to you in the limited scope of time you have been aware of him.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

In article , kaplow snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) writes:

Since I suggested it, and with apologies to any one I forgot to include (could be the result of posting under an alias I didn't recognize as someone I know), here's the names of folks who post to or are mentioned on RMR that I have personally met. To the best of my knowledge, none of them are BATFE agents.

This is level 1.

Alan Jones Alan Rognlie Andrew Waddell Andy Jackson Andy Schecter Art Upton Barry Lynch Barry Tunick Bill Saindon Bill Spadafora Bill Stine Bob Sanford Bob Wiersbe Bruce Kelly Buzz McDermott Carl McLawhorn Chad Ring Chas Russell Chris Deem Chris Kidwell Chris Tavares Chris Taylor Chuck Rogers Dale Windsor Dan Winings Dan Wolf Dave Ketchledge David Wallis Dean Roth Dennis Bishop Dennis Watkins Don Qualls Doug Holverson Doug Pratt Doyle Tatum Ed Hack Ed Lacroix Frank Uroda Fred Shecter Gary Crowell Gary Rosenfield Geoffrey Landis George Gassaway George Rachor Gerald Kolb Gerry Freed Gordon Hlavenka Greg Burke Greg Cisko Greg Dyben Jack Hagerty Jack Kale Jack Kane James Zalewski Jeff Gortatowsky Jennifer Ash-Poole Jerry Irvine Jim Cook Jim Fackert Jim Flis Jim Hartman John DeMar John Kallend John Ritz John Viggiano Jon Sivier Jonathan Rains Kevin Keehn Kevin Kuczek Kevin McKiou Kevin Wickart Korey Kline Larry Curcio Leonard Fehskens Lloyd Wood Lou - Zepelin Hobbies Mac McGarrigle Marc McReynolds Mario Perdue Mark Bundick Mark Daughtry Mark Johnson Mark Knapp Mark Simpson Mary Roberts Matt Steele Mike Hellmund Mike Jerauld Mike Jungclas Mike Martens Mike Pearson Mike Ranglich Moose Lavigne Neil Tarasoff Nick Esselman Norm Dziedzic Norm Heyen Pete Alway Quilly Mammoth Ray Dunakin Ray Halm Rich Hickok Rob Edmonds Robert Byrd Ross Dunton Roy Green Ryan Coleman Sid Maxwell Steve Bloom Steve Lubecki Steve Lubliner Steve Piette Stew McNabb Ted Phipps Terry Kosel Terry McCreary Tim Van Milligan Tom Beach Tom Lyon Tom Prestia Trip Barber Will Safford Wolfram vonKiparski

Bob Kaplow

I can sense the cold, suspicious stares...

Hey, I met Harrison Schmidt once. He is involved in rocketry. ;)

Reply to
Gary

Guys, guys. Do you mind if I take on the "fresh meat" for a few rounds. I know that he/she's a troll, but I've got a little time to kill. >;-)

Mark Simpson

Too late....

Reply to
Diane

Heh heh Mark..... Welcome to the club.

Diane realizes when he/she's dealing with intelligent adults, then quickly pulls the blanket over it's eyes to avoid the inevitible thrashing that he/she/it will be dealt.

Reply to
BB

I guess that discretion IS the better part of valor. ;-)

Mark Simpson

you know, get double duty out of that ten foot pole! Lew Garrow TRA 7181 L3 NAR 77928 L3 METRA VP NAR L3CC

****remove the plex from my email to reply****
Reply to
Lew Garrow

You two EARNED your place in that club. She was the one being reasonable.

Shocking for an rmr newbie, eh?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh yeah, he/she was being reasonable....for a troll, that is. Maybe, since you two are such good buddies now, he/she will give you a tour of the underside of the bridge. ;-)

Mark Simpson