Larger Aerotech Motors: Should I snag some?

A friend of mine has some Aerotech M-1315 and K-700 motors for sale. Are these hard to find right now by chance? I usually burn AMW but have always liked the Aerotech White Lightning stuff.

If someone can give me an idea on how hard the K-700 and M-1315 is to find right now I'd appreciate it.

Jim

Reply to
fIN fLuTTer

Relatively hard to get. New supplies are occasionally arriving however.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thanks Jerry. Do you think Aerotech is making the K-700's and M-1315's at their place in Utah or is it still being contracted out?

Jim

Reply to
fIN fLuTTer

AT owes $$$ to Ellis so Ellis is no longer making AT motors until payment is made. It's been a couple months or more I believe.

This is one reason why I'm asking about availability of larger AT motors...

Jim

Reply to
fIN fLuTTer

How about loads for AT cases?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My loads then.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

sounds great. where can I fly them??

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Anywhere except a NAR or TRA launch. Host a launch. File a waiver for flights over 240ns.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

According to Diane at Aerotech, the Slow White Lightning propellant (M1315, K700, I200) is on hold for now, but scheduled to be produced soon.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Calvert

Thanks for the rare hard news.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey Jay,

How are you doing out there?

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Bazinet

Hey Rob,

Michigan is great. After 3 months I'm pretty well settled in. I've been flying rockets and selling motors at launches hosted by SMASH, HUVARS, and JMRC. Great bunch of guys and gals. I'm looking forward to the autumn season at Three Oaks, with a series of 2-day high power launches hosted by Michigan Team-1 or Tripoli Michiana. All these are within 1.5 hours drive of our new home.

My updated Low Explosives Importer's License, showing the new Michigan address, finally arrived. It took the ATF 3 months to process a change of address (D'oh!). The Impulse Buys inventory is getting back to where it should be. I currently have a pretty good selection of Aerotech Hobby Line and Easy Access through J570W, Ellis single use G35s, and a full line of Estes and Quest motors. Cesaroni Pro38s and Pro54s and more Aerotech are on the way.

Please say howdy for me to the CATO gang (and the METRA and Frontier guys) back in New England, Rob.

***For those of you R.M.R.'ers attending Michigan launches, Impulse Buys plans to be at:

Three Oaks / Michigan Team-1 Nov. 8 & 9 (Sunday only) Gumbert Field / Jackson Model Rocket Club Nov. 15 Three Oaks / Tripoli Michiana Nov. 29 & 30 (Both days) Gumbert Field / Jackson Model Rocket Club Dec. 6 Three Oaks / Tripoli Michiana Dec. 27 & 28 (Both days)

Email me if you want to reserve or pre-pay for specific motors. snipped-for-privacy@Impulse-Buys.com Pricing and availability can be viewed at the Impulse Buys web site.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Calvert