Moron...

This guy surely deserves the award for "too lazy to get off my ass and earn some money by doing my OWN work, so I'll just mooch off the work that others have done...."

BB

Agreed. What a loozer!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

A. This is an experiment to find out just how dumb eBay buyers are. B. JimZ has decided to make some money off his site. C. There's actually someone out there who's more cynical than I am. D. Someone left Alex the African Grey Parrot alone with the computer again. I thought teaching that bird to read was a bad idea.

Zooty

Y'know, if Dr. Pepperberg can teach Alex to say "What's in YOUR wallet?" she could fund her research for years to come....

Reply to
zoot

It is an interesting experiment in intelligence and information values, since the listing gives all the needed search terms to find the $10 site for free.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Shouldnt ebay delete this? I mean this almost amounts to fraud..

Reply to
tai fu

You're right, nothing wrong, just slimy. I hope nobody encourages him by biting.

Reply to
bit eimer

Why? If he gives them the address of the web site after the auction wins, he's done nothing fraudulent. This guy is doing nothing wrong.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The real moron is anyone who would actually pay just to get a link to a website, especially a website that doesn't even belong to the "seller".

Reply to
RayDunakin

You make some excellent points. Hmmmm.......

Nope, still slimy.

Reply to
bit eimer

I fail to understand your logic. He is selling information. Is that slimy? Is it slimy because some people don't know how to do searches? Would he be slimy if he was selling the link to the search tool? How about selling a $10 bag of rocket parts for $100. Is that slimy? Just because they're 10 years old? Out of print catalogs for $20? That slimy? Most are available online too....

What about someone selling information on how to buy a car for thousands less than sticker price,...

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Jerry

VG observation.....

I got 2 bucks that says someone actually bids on the auction......

any takers??????

Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

The issue here is perhaps much broader. Estes owns the right to the plans and images. Since JimZ distributes them for free Estes gets publicity and product awareness no harm, no foul. If somebody decides to peddle these plans by proxy he/she may open themselves up for legal troubles.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Yep, I agree. As is the whole of Ebay.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Well, I generally hold "moron" for those who act even though they know better. (I wonder what happen if I push this button {you'll get shocked} ZZap,. hey, you're right!). Just because someone is new to the web, or not particularly informed about search tools doesn't necessarily make them a moron. Now someone reading rmr and THEN bidding,...

Joel. phx

Boy, would he be a bigger slime if he was selling a link to his own page???!!!

I would reserve the 'slime' comment if he had stolen the plans and was selling a cd...

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Too late, search ebay for "rocket plans".

Reply to
bit eimer

How about I put this up for sale on ebay.

For sale, starting bid 99 cents, $5 buy it now.

I found a link to a wealth of information that is in comprehensible in total on rockets and rocketry. I am selling a link only.

you will find over 6000 man years of information on rockets, from glue to electronics. From 1/8a motors to P motors. From Goddard's program to the Chinese program. From backyard science to black hole science.

as a side benefit, it also contains humor at times, as well as lack of humor other times. also, political information from the constitution to left and right wing variants.

This link will keep you busy for years, and if you ever need sleep, the glue archive I recommend. The entertainment vaule is worth over $50 a month, no need for the movies or a social life with this informaiton at your fingertips.

then I will email them this link:

Art Upton

I'd buy one :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I was reading too quickly, and it made me think of this:

For sale: $5 Starting Bid: $0.99 Buy it Now: $5 Buyer pays shipping and insurance.

I wonder if anyone's done that yet....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

by the way, the user edited the auction... check it again to see what im talking about...

in short I think either jimz told him to stop or he came to his sense...

Reply to
tai fu

A couple of guys on the Old Rockets Yahoo group got after him including Scott from Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, which also carries several plans.

tim

Reply to
Tim