SB collet size

Hi All, I use to know, and could look up what size the collets are used in a 9 inch south bend lathe, but I am hoping someone knows off the top of their head. Anyone? Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

They are 3C collets. They span the size 0-1/2" in round. I think they go up to 3/8" in square. I have a real nice set I've collected but I'm warning you they're expensive.

Grant

Rhbuxt> Hi All,

Reply to
Grant Erwin

My neighbor has rebuilt 2 SB 9's recently and I've heard him mention that they use 3C collets.

?ViewItem&category=25294&item=3839999330 Best Regards, Keith Marshall snipped-for-privacy@progressivelogic.com

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

3 AT and 3C

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Many thanks to all that answered my question. 3C it is! Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton