Last Titan II launch on Wednesday

TITAN II SET TO LAUNCH
Vandenberg AFB News Release
(Vandenberg AFB, OCT 10) The era of Titan II space boosters comes to a close
Wednesday as the last Titan II blasts off of Space Launch
Complex-4 West here. The launch window is from 9:17 to 9:28* a.m. The rocket will carry a 4,200-pound Defense Meteorological Satellite
Program payload into low Earth orbit approximately 458 nautical miles above the Earth. This is the first DMSP launch in four years. The DMSP satellite constellation monitors the Earth's atmosphere and oceans providing nearly complete coverage of global cloud distribution every six hours.
This final launch is a joint effort between the men and women of the 30th Space Wing, Space and Missile Systems Center, Lockheed Martin, and Aerojet. The Titan program is being phased out as the Air Force moves toward the more cost-effective, efficient evolvedexpendable launch vehicle program.
Egads! Don't they know the Chinese are flying their first manned mission that day? I hope they don't crash into each other! :)
Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith NAR 14156 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products 1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A. http://www.rattworks.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MONTMACH) wrote in message

From what I've heard about the Chinese space program they wouldn't even have to very close to 'em.
due to time shift, the Chinese will have flown already ?

that