LLug size???

Hi,
I've been out of the game for awhile and need some advice........ I'm planning on scratch building and have a few 1/4in. LLugs (Paper) lying
around.......... I would like to know what size/power/weight rocket they are suitable for???
Any help appreciated, Clint
CJC wrote:

Should work fine for "large model" / "mid power" - E through G size, maybe a little bigger, depending on how sturdy the paper lugs are. (Are they Estes "soda straw" style or the LOC "cardboard" style?)
-dave w
LOC.
Cheers, Clint
(Are they Estes

CJC wrote:

Those should be fine in 1/4" size up through low-end HPR - something like a 2 or 3 inch diameter, 3 foot long rocket, weight up to a few pounds, motors up to H or so. (For a larger rocket in the 4 inch dia. range, I'd probably prefer 3/8" lugs if I wasn't just using rail buttons.)
-dave w

If you feel marginal, add 1/16" dowels to both sides of the base of the lug.
Done.
Tech Post

Generally 1-5 pounds. Over 3 pounds, consider rail guides or 1/2" if the motor is 38mm+.
Should come in somewhere between 1.5 - 2.5 lbs ???. Either 29mm or 3-4 x 24mm cluster. Still undecided...

do what I did to a few rockets in that range.
two loc 1/4 lugs cut in two, and formed like needle ends on one.
rail buttons on the other.
makes it easy to find an open pad.