LLug size???

Hi,

I've been out of the game for awhile and need some advice........ I'm planning on scratch building and have a few 1/4in. LLugs (Paper) lying around.......... I would like to know what size/power/weight rocket they are suitable for???

Any help appreciated, Clint

Reply to
CJC

Should work fine for "large model" / "mid power" - E through G size, maybe a little bigger, depending on how sturdy the paper lugs are. (Are they Estes "soda straw" style or the LOC "cardboard" style?)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Generally 1-5 pounds. Over 3 pounds, consider rail guides or 1/2" if the motor is 38mm+.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LOC.

Cheers, Clint

(Are they Estes

Reply to
CJC

Those should be fine in 1/4" size up through low-end HPR - something like a 2 or 3 inch diameter, 3 foot long rocket, weight up to a few pounds, motors up to H or so. (For a larger rocket in the 4 inch dia. range, I'd probably prefer

3/8" lugs if I wasn't just using rail buttons.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Should come in somewhere between 1.5 - 2.5 lbs ???. Either 29mm or 3-4 x

24mm cluster. Still undecided...

Reply to
CJC

If you feel marginal, add 1/16" dowels to both sides of the base of the lug.

Done.

Tech Post

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

do what I did to a few rockets in that range.

two loc 1/4 lugs cut in two, and formed like needle ends on one.

rail buttons on the other.

makes it easy to find an open pad.

Reply to
AlMax