Where can you get these?

My scratch building supplies have developed a hole in the inventory. Where can I obtain small sheaves and pulleys in HO gauge? I had several but recently needed 4 sheaves the same size for a high ball signal and I couldn't even match any two form the small pile on hand and I've been out of pulleys for quite awhile. I looked on the web but found nothing useful. Specifically I need a small sheave about 18" diameter and single block pulleys but can't seem to find either. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Roy

Reply to
Roy Tansill

several sizes of sheaves and blocks.

Reply to
fubar

Model Expo offers a variety of sizes, some of which are close enough to HO scale. Considering that in Real Life these things vary a lot in size, I wouldn't sweat the scale.

cheers,

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

On 6/10/2009 6:16 AM fl@liner spake thus:

Dunno where you came up with that. Searching for "pulley", "sheave" and "block" on that page comes up with zilch. (They show kits that *include* pulleys, but none separately that I can see.) Can you point us to a link to pulleys there?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Check Fittings, Wood, Figures, etc page 3 has blocks and working block page 7 has brass sheaves page 8 has bulk supply of bocks

Do you want us to blow your nose too?

Reply to
Howard R Garner

These are might do. The 5 mm would scale out at 17"

Just happened to get their catalog this afternoon.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Thanks folks for the info- don't know why I didn't think of checking ship models sites.... I guess I've been a bit tunnel visioned with trains for too long. You've solved my inventory problems and looking through all those fittings have me thinking about other odd scratch projects- thanks again Roy

Reply to
Roy Tansill

Also, don't forget the logging uses of these. There are a number of manufacturers of logging railroad parts and one of the things all logging scenes need is sheaves for the rigging.

-- Bob May

Bob May

Yup. Someone asks politely for more information, and someone else feels compelled to post a snotty put down in reply.

There's always gotta be one.

Reply to
Twibil

On 6/10/2009 1:32 PM Howard R Garner spake thus:

Yikes. There it is. Dunno how I missed that. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me.

Um, no, not this time. But thanks for offering.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Fans of irony take note.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Besides what already has been mentioned, here's a bulk assortment of

100 misc. pulleys, sheaves, etc. in HO scale:
No photos unfortunately so hard to tell if it's what you need. I also looked at WSM's web page for the product and they don't have any photos either. Perhaps an e-mail to them might get something you can peruse.
Reply to
Rick Jones

Good advise from the one single soul on RMR who's managed to make enemies of a coalition of posters who would normally have nothing in common save a love of model railroading and an abiding dislike for

*him*.

So when are *you* going to begin posting some relevant threads, Poopsie?

Reply to
Twibil

On 6/10/2009 5:00 PM Twibil spake thus:

Probably never, if history is any guide.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Eh. I've not been here long enough pass judgement on what Ray has -or hasn't- posted in the past, but he seems singularly bent on trying to build up his own ego by putting other folks down, and he doesn't bother letting truth stand in his way, either.

Now me, I've never claimed to be the pink fairy of sweetness, but telling obvious -and repeated- lies would seem to be counter- productive for someone who wants people to respect him...

Reply to
Twibil

The fans of irony are laughing their heads off at you both.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You still haven't replied to my polite query as to why you imagine that culture resides solely in the USa.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Sure they are, Ray.

Note: should you ever discover the meaning of the word "truth", you will find that nearly everyone respects it, and that those who don't are held in almost universal contempt.

Your call.

Reply to
Twibil

You inferred that. I stated that you had none.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ok. I find you in contempt.