Where can you get these?

Let's see: it's been used here a number of times in just the last few days which means......yes.......that's right: it's perfectly contemporary.

(That *is* what "contemporary" means, you know...)

Not really ...

Reply to
LD

Shakespeare wrote plays intended for immediate performance.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

And?

Reply to
Mycroft Holmes IV

Bets?

con=B7tem=B7po=B7rar=B7y: adj.

  1. Belonging to the same period of time: a fact documented by two contemporary sources.
  2. Of about the same age.
  3. Current; modern.

Note #3 and bite your tongue.

(Besides; how can you deny it? That's exactly how *you* were using the word, silly person!)

Reply to
Twibil

Yes, and we *all* know that Shakspur's plays are no longer performed...

Consigned to the dust-bin of history...

Forgotten...

(Snork, chuckle, titter, guffaw, chortle, snicker, choke.)

Reply to
Twibil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----

Bets?

con·tem·po·rar·y: adj.

  1. Belonging to the same period of time: a fact documented by two contemporary sources.
  2. Of about the same age.
  3. Current; modern.

Note #3 and bite your tongue.

(Besides; how can you deny it? That's exactly how *you* were using the word, silly person!)

The phrase is neither current nor modern.

Reply to
LD

That was his expectation, so we are told by better brains than yours.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Alas, despite your egalitarian ideals, I think I shall continue to write as I wish, rather than writing down to your level so as to make you more comfortable.

Now: If at some point you should ever find yourself sitting in an office with the word "EDITOR" printed on the door, and you discover a manuscript of mine sitting on your desk, you'll be more than welcome to make suggestions.

But up until then, I fear I'll have to use my background as a writer as a basis for deciding what to say and how to say it, rather then relying upon your qualifications as a volunteer net-nanny.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Reply to
Twibil

wow, I enjoyed that, but being the simple person I am, I'd just say F Y :-)

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Alas, despite your egalitarian ideals, I think I shall continue to write as I wish, rather than writing down to your level so as to make you more comfortable. =========================================================== You really need to get a life!

Reply to
LD

twibil? life? mutually exclusive.

next you'll be telling Greg P to use his brains, which is even more implausible.

Reply to
a_a_a

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

That's just your jealousy at missing out on your quota at birth.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Wow! It's been over two weeks since the original post and the Greg & Ray show still continues! There ought to be some kind of Guinness world record for this shit, huh? Time to change the channel.

Reply to
The Seabat

Getting kind of tired of watching the kids play Who's Got The Biggest Dick?

Reply to
Rick Jones

As two more competitors show up . . .

-- Ray